Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hillians v Rooks

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think Hillians style has changed whilst trying to come to terms with a higher division,a third goal from the Hillians would have seen Hillians playing with more composure,both sides lack the physical requirements that most teams in this league have used. Good to see Lovett score nice bloke and kept talking for the 90(next Lewes manager?) I would watch a few more games before writing off Hillians style On last nights game your summary was spot on.:thumbsup:

As for the youth players i think you find the Burgess Hill youth set up has been a better set up,i think Lewes got a few lads who were released by Brighton replacing players who were in their own youth players,not always a good idea. Lewes keeper did very well last night.

Jay will be interested in the job I am sure, he's had plenty of league experience and coaching roles so maybe now is the time for him to give No1 a go, as you say he is a very nice bloke.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Well thats for sure, but without knowing the circumstances etc etc, we will never know if he managed well or not.

What kind of budgets do you think the Lewes's and BHills's of this world command ??

I know three lads who have played for him and they all enjoyed playing for him, however that was under different pressures. I dont believe he is a bad manager, but as I stated above, the problem I saw with that squad, was they lost a lot of experiance in Elphick and Banks last season and few others, these were replaced by ex Albion lads who probably are good enough, but amoungst that you need some quality too.

BH will be fine, I think there coaching staff have enough experiance playing and coaching at this level to work out what they need and quickly. However Lewes are going backwards.

As for budgets, from the little I know top end wages would be somewhere between £180 - £250 a game, probably a little bit more for maybe one key player.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I know three lads who have played for him and they all enjoyed playing for him, however that was under different pressures. I dont believe he is a bad manager, but as I stated above, the problem I saw with that squad, was they lost a lot of experiance in Elphick and Banks last season and few others, these were replaced by ex Albion lads who probably are good enough, but amoungst that you need some quality too.

BH will be fine, I think there coaching staff have enough experiance playing and coaching at this level to work out what they need and quickly. However Lewes are going backwards.

As for budgets, from the little I know top end wages would be somewhere between £180 - £250 a game, probably a little bit more for maybe one key player.

Ah ok, I had heard figures similar and of course the odd player on even more balanced by a few younger kids on far less, but thats around the figure I expected.

Fine margins in football, last night if Lewes had nicked a draw or win, which on a different day might have happened as it was a competitive match, then he doesnt resign and he would be acknowledged as 'work in progress', with a group of decent youngsters, well until the next loss of course.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
sadly true, community based shambles on the pitch last 5 years but great stuff off it. to what end? the owners bang on how hard it is as we are out of earshot of players because of the unavailability of london players etc, a problem somehow rectified by burgess hill worthing eastbourne and hastings as our attendances have slipped from an average of 610 for the season 4 years ago, in the same division to 350. do all the spin and media rubbish they can, as that is what the board are good at, but the attendances, discontent on the forum and imminent relegation don't lie and the inability of the board to appoint a manager through capability of doing the job rather than letting the easiest option simply walk into the job with a series of sound bites is becoming tedious, depressing and terminal. on that cheery note a win tonight and my fickle gene will be ignited,,,now where are those play offs

Just checked the national league south table to see where Lewes were in the relegation mix, and it appears they've already dropped down from there, and the relegation you speak of is from the league below.

Not good.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Just checked the national league south table to see where Lewes were in the relegation mix, and it appears they've already dropped down from there, and the relegation you speak of is from the league below.

Not good.

Currently at the wrong end of the Ryman Premier .......... same league as last season, isnt it ??

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Lewes have players on as little as £50 a game and some on vastly more, I think thats one of the problems.

They are going big on the youth set up, and largely cutting back on the first team squad, which is clearly back firing at present.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Lewes have players on as little as £50 a game and some on vastly more, I think thats one of the problems.

They are going big on the youth set up, and largely cutting back on the first team squad, which is clearly back firing at present.

It will reasonably depend on what they can afford.

Lewes have always been a well run club, them and Bognor have generally spent within their means, however they had a bit of a blip when seduced by King and started acting very un-Lewes like.

Still a good club as is BHill, but I always fear when clubs progress and enjoy success, its at this time that the boards either capitulate to a likely transient manager or stick within reasonable budgets and take the flack from its ungrateful ambitious coaching staff and despondent fans.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

That is why I said Top end.

I know broadly BH, Lewes and Bognor have fairly similar wage structures although that may have changed this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here