Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hillians v Rooks

sadly true, community based shambles on the pitch last 5 years but great stuff off it. to what end? the owners bang on how hard it is as we are out of earshot of players because of the unavailability of london players etc, a problem somehow rectified by burgess hill worthing eastbourne and hastings as our attendances have slipped from an average of 610 for the season 4 years ago, in the same division to 350. do all the spin and media rubbish they can, as that is what the board are good at, but the attendances, discontent on the forum and imminent relegation don't lie and the inability of the board to appoint a manager through capability of doing the job rather than letting the easiest option simply walk into the job with a series of sound bites is becoming tedious, depressing and terminal. on that cheery note a win tonight and my fickle gene will be ignited,,,now where are those play offs

Hillians 2 Rooks 1:thumbsup:

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Very wrong charging parents of players, especially as you gave lifts.

When I was at school, I went on the players coach to watch Burgess Hill play at Hungerford in the vase. It would have been early 80s.

The Burgess Hill players had to pay to get in!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Fa youth cup, and it was away.....I took 4 players in my car but the home club thought it was ok to charge (Hampton and Richmond Borough)

I think you will find with the FA Cup and I presume the FA Youth Cups too, that the clubs have no choice but to charge.

The FA sets the pricing and there is a split between the club and the FA.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I went last night and I think Lewes were decent and probably a little unlucky not to come away with a point.

For me two different styles of play, Burgess Hill high tempo pressing game and little effort to play any sort of passing game, anything booted down field was quickly complimented by the coaching staff, it seemed that Lewes had a number of players recently elevated from youth/development football and it showed.

Younger and slighter they tried to pass and have some possession, but couldnt win a header as the Burgess Hill boys were older, stockier and more attuned to percentage football.

Due to BHill's more direct approach they needed fewer phases to get the ball to their front men, whilst Lewes' effort to try and play through their lines meant it was more prone to break down and BHill charge forward.

I know the style I would support, but ultimately I guess winning is key.

I went last night and I think Lewes were decent and probably a little unlucky not to come away with a point.

For me two different styles of play, Burgess Hill high tempo pressing game and little effort to play any sort of passing game, anything booted down field was quickly complimented by the coaching staff, it seemed that Lewes had a number of players recently elevated from youth/development football and it showed.

Younger and slighter they tried to pass and have some possession, but couldnt win a header as the Burgess Hill boys were older, stockier and more attuned to percentage football.

Due to BHill's more direct approach they needed fewer phases to get the ball to their front men, whilst Lewes' effort to try and play through their lines meant it was more prone to break down and BHill charge forward.

I know the style I would support, but ultimately I guess winning is key.

I think Hillians style has changed whilst trying to come to terms with a higher division,a third goal from the Hillians would have seen Hillians playing with more composure,both sides lack the physical requirements that most teams in this league have used. Good to see Lovett score nice bloke and kept talking for the 90(next Lewes manager?) I would watch a few more games before writing off Hillians style On last nights game your summary was spot on.:thumbsup:

As for the youth players i think you find the Burgess Hill youth set up has been a better set up,i think Lewes got a few lads who were released by Brighton replacing players who were in their own youth players,not always a good idea. Lewes keeper did very well last night.

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think Hillians style has changed whilst trying to come to terms with a higher division,a third goal from the Hillians would have seen Hillians playing with more composure,both sides lack the physical requirements that most teams in this league have used. Good to see Lovett score nice bloke and kept talking for the 90(next Lewes manager?) I would watch a few more games before writing off Hillians style On last nights game your summary was spot on.:thumbsup:

It wasnt meant to be 'dig' at their style, just a casual observation.

I am always a little dubious when a side suddenly starts to pass the ball only when they have a two goal cushion, that in itself offers an insight onto a mentality of the manager and his inclination not to encourage a more possession lead style.

It doesnt mean that he is wrong to do that, it is his prerogative to implement whatever style he thinks will suit his players and win him football games and he will be more than happy where he sits in the league right now.

I also went to the Dulwich game, two very different styles again, Dulwich were good but again BHill nicked a win from somewhere but in this instance if I am honest I think that was more down to luck than anything.

I will continue to watch them it can make for exciting watching at times and absolute frustrating at other times, but good luck to them and of course to Chappers.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
BH and Bognor going great guns early in the season.

Has there been an outcome in terms of what they are going to do with Farnborough this season?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It seems that Lewes manager Steve Brown resigned after the game last night ................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here