Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Hiked price for RING Doorbell plan

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yes, that is what I am thinking. I can afford it, that’s not a problem, it is more the principle of such an extortionate rise in subscription that annoys me.

I don’t use the motion detection anyway as it eats too much battery juice so I rely on activation on my phone or watch if someone rings when I am out. However, there seems to be a delay since last year between someone ringing the Doorbell and the App response - I have had to play back video’s repeatedly because that delay meant I missed the caller. Strange (or design?) because it worked perfectly the first 12 months.
I have just binned mine...there is no justification for the price rise..if storage is getting expensive then offer a reduced amount of storage at good price.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
I have purposely not got one because its a psychological trap. You'll convince yourself of what will happen if you decided to remove it...

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Got a ring door bell 2 years ago. Even 2 years ago i felt that the monthly subscription was overpriced.

I do like the product. I can get a live view. The main thing i like is being notified on my phone when the door bell rings, which is handy when i am out. When i work from home i can also see who's ringing and decide if i want to answer, no getting caught looking out the window. I use to hate answering the door to a sales person or the like and thinking wish i didn't answer.

I don't have anything in my house of real value except my work laptop and any criminals can have that. Most people would be deterred from robbing my house based on the two ancient shit heap cars i have parked on my drive way.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Also is their security value proven? CCTV and security lighting elsewhere fine but I imagine the average thieving scrote is not coming via the front door
I've seen the video of it happen on my mates' doorbell.

Two little scrotes walking up the drive at 3am who then scarper when they see the camera. Most of these low level thieves aren't master criminals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here