Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Highlight of the game today

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
The highlight for me was the luxury of never feeling nervous at any point during the game. Me and group of mates were going mental for the first 3 goals but after that it was pretty much like celebrating runs at a cricket match.
"ooo lovely, jolly good there's number 4. (light hand clapping) Jolly good boys there's number 5. (more light hand clapping) oh jolly good show fellas there's number 6"
I exaggerate, but it was lovely to feel so chilled during a game :-D

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Not so much a main highlight but liked seeing Greer go mental when we conceded
Fully focussed on getting his players concentrating for the full 90 minutes

That's because we had fallen asleep to allow Blackpool back into the game, if they had scored from the cross that PiG got injured from, it would have made a nervy last half hour as we had completely switched off after the 4th goal. However at the break in play to treat him and Fletcher Gus got them to concentrate again and the rest is history!

I have to say overall that was the best complete performance I've seen at the Amex. In fact I'm struggling to think when was the last time we played as well as that?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
The bloke behind me shouting 'Heeeeelicopter!, Heeeeelicopter!'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Last edited:

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
That's because we had fallen asleep to allow Blackpool back into the game, if they had scored from the cross that PiG got injured from, it would have made a nervy last half hour as we had completely switched off after the 4th goal. However at the break in play to treat him and Fletcher Gus got them to concentrate again and the rest is history!

I have to say overall that was the best complete performance I've seen at the Amex. In fact I'm struggling to think when was the last time we played as well as that?

It was never going to be nervy, Blackpool were on holiday
Just glad we didn't relax at any point

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Was when Blackpool put FOUR players on LuaLua when he rampaged down the wing. Please tell me someone got a photo of it, it reminded me of that famous picture of Maradonna with the 7 Belgian players man marking him.

A very short clip of one of his runs down the wing. I'll post the link to the other one when I get in.

http://youtu.be/KrePRvviIpM

Oops it's set to private..... 2 mins

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've never really been in the camp of the moaning gits on here regarding people leaving early, getting back late from half time, etc., but I have to say I had a few giggles about those who missed our 3rd, 4th and 6th goals.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I like (sadistic way) the fact Buckley had the ball smashed into his head from 8 yards...shock his head a little...then 30 secs later he's tucked the ball into the top corner of the Onion bag.

I totally forgot about that! It's like the impact temporarily made him left-footed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The fourth goal. Brilliant. At least I'm told it was.

So much so that [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] legged it back down to the concourse, flicked the Vs and called me a Benny for missing a(nother) goal.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was when Blackpool put FOUR players on LuaLua when he rampaged down the wing. Please tell me someone got a photo of it, it reminded me of that famous picture of Maradonna with the 7 Belgian players man marking him.

I thought LuaLua had a fantastic game when he came on. Total wizard, like a matador toying with a bull before putting it to the sword. Seemed to be thoroughly enjoying himself and laid on a sublime cross for Barnes to slot home. :bowdown:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Getting back to my seat (ish) just in time to see the fourth goal go in, then feeling compelled to run back to the concourse to mock Bozza & Nail-Z Gull, who were wishing they'd drunk their half time pints a bit quicker & making a vain late dash to the stairs to try & catch a replay.

Wait- did someone already mention that?

:D

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Highlight for me was the fact that almost every single time we attacked I genuinely thought we were going to score. Haven't felt like that in yonks.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The guy at the front of WU block C.
He was totally sparked out for at least half an hour. Even all the others climbing over him at half time didn't rouse him.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
What made me :lolol: was some time after Hammonds spectacular mistake, some witty chap behind me in the WSL yelled, as Blackpool took a corner, 'someone watch Hammond!'

I guess you had to be there!

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I've never really been in the camp of the moaning gits on here regarding people leaving early, getting back late from half time, etc., but I have to say I had a few giggles about those who missed our 3rd, 4th and 6th goals.

I'm one of those that stays until the whistle has been blown (both half time & full time)
I felt all smug with myself yesterday having seen the 3rd goal while a fair few around me had ****ed off & missed it.
The half time whistle was blown & i headed to the concourse for a pint but by the time I'd managed to get the pint & pretty much neck it I'd missed the 4th !!!
Can't bloody win either way
Teach me for being smug won't it lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here