Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heurelho Gomes

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Learn to read I never said that I said Dunk probably assumed he was nearer to him.

Dunk assumed nothing of the sort. He just misjudged the header and failed to get any meaningful contact on the ball. You are really clutching at straws now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dunk assumed nothing of the sort. He just misjudged the header and failed to get any meaningful contact on the ball. You are really clutching at straws now.

How do you know what he thought? Had he thought otherwise I am sure he would have put extra beef on it to make sure it reached him, he has been around a while now and is not an untried 17 year old.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How do you know what he thought? Had he thought otherwise I am sure he would have put extra beef on it to make sure it reached him, he has been around a while now and is not an untried 17 year old.

You could start an argument in an empty room.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

I've not seen much of the DS this season unfortunately. Does the keeper in those games rush out to collect soft back headers that travel two yards from a defender on the edge of the box under no pressure?

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
No, its because your bias against our keeper prevents you from having any intelligent thought on the matter. How can you possibly suggest in the very same sentence, that our style is 'gung-ho' but that Stockdale is protected by defensive midfielders. So tedious.

Im sorry but I think this is wrong - Has this guy ever had a single intelligent thought???

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

It looked to me, being nearly in line in the ESU, that he didnt get any beef on it. He attempted th glance it back to Stockie, but totally missed it.
As for saying that Stockie threw himself at it and hoped, what a totaly stupid, even for you, statement.
Have you been in Wetherspoons this afternoon and had one too many?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It looked to me, being nearly in line in the ESU, that he didnt get any beef on it. He attempted th glance it back to Stockie, but totally missed it.
As for saying that Stockie threw himself at it and hoped, what a totaly stupid, even for you, statement.
Have you been in Wetherspoons this afternoon and had one too many?

What else could he do it was an instantaneous reaction he didnt have time to think what he might do or not do.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
What else could he do it was an instantaneous reaction he didnt have time to think what he might do or not do.

Exactly.
Doesn't any goalkeeper throw himself and hope, when he is in a one on one,with the forward bearing down on goal. He hasn't got many other options. All he can do is make himself big and hope he blocks it, which he did.
Your original post suggested, that he was extremely fortunate to make the save, but then you do seem tohave an agenda with Stockdale.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont get me wrong it earnt us a point but I do not consider a desperate throw yourself at the ball/player as good a save as Marshall performed diving towards his post to push a shot around the post, that to me is a good save. Or getting up and tipping a shot over the bar that to me is the signa of a good keeper. Henderson or Smith cvould throw themselves at a one on one and the ball hit them did it make them a good keeper.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Dont get me wrong it earnt us a point but I do not consider a desperate throw yourself at the ball/player as good a save as Marshall performed diving towards his post to push a shot around the post, that to me is a good save. Or getting up and tipping a shot over the bar that to me is the signa of a good keeper. Henderson or Smith cvould throw themselves at a one on one and the ball hit them did it make them a good keeper.

So if he had a stayed on his line, and Pilkington had a free shot, and if he had managed to get down and pushed it around the post, or tipped it over the bar, then it would be a good save.
But he closed down the gap and blocked the shot and he was lucky. Priceless.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So if he had a stayed on his line, and Pilkington had a free shot, and if he had managed to get down and pushed it around the post, or tipped it over the bar, then it would be a good save.
But he closed down the gap and blocked the shot and he was lucky. Priceless.

he didnt close the gap he just threw himself at the ball in a do or die effort. He didnyt have time to close the gap as you put it. Instinct told him to charge the ball down, which he did

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
he didnt close the gap he just threw himself at the ball in a do or die effort. He didnyt have time to close the gap as you put it. Instinct told him to charge the ball down, which he did

I'm glad we have a keeper with such good instincts. It's a good skill to have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here