Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Herr Tubthumper's offizielle Deutschland gegen Frankreich Gewinde ***

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Mark Lawrenson is, without a shadow of a doubt, the most monumentally awful commentator of all time. He's not as funny as he thinks, nor is he particularly insightful, he just spends the whole sodding game making snide remarks and moaning. *Deep breath*

Pretty dull game as well!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
:yawn:

That was unbelievably disappointing. I rushed home early from work, had a beer, and then...that.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Get in!! Fantastic stuff. Four semi finals in a row. Brilliant.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Well yes, I'm all up for the Germans, but we've been spoilt this World Cup, and that was like 1990 all over again.

*taps giveash1tometer* Nope, nothing I'm afraid. :0)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not the best game but the result matters more. The defensive changes seemed to work; France didn't have a look in. And Germany are still in 1st gear; plenty of energy for the semi.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dreadful game. Germany were professional and did enough, France offered absolutely bugger all, could've at least give Germany something to think about.

Certainly cheering for Germany if it is Brazil/the ref who win this one.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bizarre end to the game. France really didn't seem up for it. I did think the first half was fascinating, but the second half just really petered out because France didn't want it enough.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bizarre end to the game. France really didn't seem up for it. I did think the first half was fascinating, but the second half just really petered out because France didn't want it enough.

Yep, compare their intensity to the USA who gave everything, but came up short. If France had really gone for it who knows what they could have achieved?

Still, I'm pleased Germany won, and hope they win the whole tournament.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yep, compare their intensity to the USA who gave everything, but came up short. If France had really gone for it who knows what they could have achieved?

Still, I'm pleased Germany won, and hope they win the whole tournament.

I'm with you there and, given that they're missing their two best players for the semis, Brazil are there for the taking.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm with you there and, given that they're missing their two best players for the semis, Brazil are there for the taking.

I still think it will be difficult to topple the host nation but if anyone can do it Germany can.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also, isn't Neuer a bloody great 'keeper?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I still think it will be difficult to topple the host nation but if anyone can do it Germany can.

You did say at the outset that they'd go all the way to the final, so they will have to topple that host nation. I'm still not convinced by them and they've been rather dependent on Neymar's instinctiveness up front and Silva's solidity at the back. Perhaps I've under-estimated them, but they don't seem to be like Brazil teams of the past.
So, if Germany make it, would you rather Argentina or the Netherlands?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm still not convinced by them and they've been rather dependent on Neymar's instinctiveness up front and Silva's solidity at the back. Perhaps I've under-estimated them, but they don't seem to be like Brazil teams of the past.

Not a patch on previous teams in my view and both these players out of the Semis.

Hulk and Fred are vastly overrated so Germany should win and play Argentina in the final.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not a patch on previous teams in my view and both these players out of the Semis.

Hulk and Fred are vastly overrated so Germany should win and play Argentina in the final.

Hulk has at least done something in the tournament and has certain attributes, like pace and strength. Fred is just dire, has scored just once and that should have been disallowed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You did say at the outset that they'd go all the way to the final, so they will have to topple that host nation. I'm still not convinced by them and they've been rather dependent on Neymar's instinctiveness up front and Silva's solidity at the back. Perhaps I've under-estimated them, but they don't seem to be like Brazil teams of the past.
So, if Germany make it, would you rather Argentina or the Netherlands?

I certainly feel they can do it, but it will not be easy. Germany cannot afford any lapses at the back or missed chances up front. And getting the benefit of doubt seems to go with being the host nation so Germany need to be tight and clinical.

I think Germany Netherlands would be great. I'd love to see a European team succeed in South America and this final will deliver on this. There is also some rivalry between these two nations. Argentina would be okay though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hulk has at least done something in the tournament and has certain attributes, like pace and strength. Fred is just dire, has scored just once and that should have been disallowed.

Crap names as well. Fred, Jo, Hulk. Come on guys. Where are the Socrates, Falco, Dunga etc?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here