Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Herr Tubthumper's offizielle Deutschland gegen der Oooo Ess Aaaaar Gewinde ***

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Come on the Germans,.... I dont think I could face the fact that USA got further than us,...... the shame of it.

Sod the shame of it, it's that bloody chant of theirs I can't stand and the usual fawning from us as the BBC show crowd celebration shots from some random US city and bang on and on about how popular the game is over there. Who cares?! I can't stand the nation and never want them to succeed at anything.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Sod the shame of it, it's that bloody chant of theirs I can't stand and the usual fawning from us as the BBC show crowd celebration shots from some random US city and bang on and on about how popular the game is over there. Who cares?! I can't stand the nation and never want them to succeed at anything.

You can't stand the ENTIRE nation? The edges are great. It's not all red necks and Christian Fundamentalists.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Don't like the Americans or the Germans...

Really? A very rational statement, I'm sure.

Me, I have rarely met a German that I didn't like, and I love visiting the country.

And the Americans? You don't like any of them? The USA is massive, and the people are different to each other in different places. To hate them indiscriminately is just bizarre.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You can't stand the ENTIRE nation? The edges are great. It's not all red necks and Christian Fundamentalists.

Well I do quite like Taylor Phinney and wish him a speedy recovery :wink:

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Really? A very rational statement, I'm sure.

Me, I have rarely met a German that I didn't like, and I love visiting the country.

And the Americans? You don't like any of them? The USA is massive, and the people are different to each other in different places. To hate them indiscriminately is just bizarre.

I get your point, but I've never met any nice people from either country.

Germans - Humourless, dull and boring

Americans - Arrogant, egocentric, shoot first ask questions later...

And don't get me started on the French...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I get your point, but I've never met any nice people from either country.

Germans - Humourless, dull and boring

Americans - Arrogant, egocentric, shoot first ask questions later...

And don't get me started on the French...

And I suppose the Austrians all wear lederhosen, the Colombians are all gangsters and the Irish are all thick? Jay, you appear to have swallowed the book of national stereotypes, published 1972.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Been watching the other game.

So what's been going on here? Pedestrian playing for a draw, or is either one of them going for it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here