Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hereford

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
woke up without a ticket.....nicked my birds car and drove all the way to hereford - got a ticket for the home end off some cardiff lads - about 20 bha in the home end - small scuffle then we were moved to the away end :) such a tense day......

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
The reality is there wasn't that much trouble. Given the occasion and the emotion involved, it was very tame. It was almost as if they didn't care as much as us! The following season in the cup was a completely different story. Loads of trouble at the Green Dragon/Lamb and Flag. I think it took their fans a trip to Leek Town to realize how big the original game actually was!

Imagine if the result had gone the other way?

Jan 30, 2008
The reality is there wasn't that much trouble. Given the occasion and the emotion involved, it was very tame. It was almost as if they didn't care as much as us! The following season in the cup was a completely different story. Loads of trouble at the Green Dragon/Lamb and Flag. I think it took their fans a trip to Leek Town to realize how big the original game actually was!
would have been a different story if we had lost , from what i see the numbers we had it would have gone big time but hey ho it never did ,there was a double decker coach the OB couldn't keep their eyes off that day
regards
DR

Last edited:

Winchester1

Aug 27, 2012
Downtown Winchester
Sat in the main stand with the Hereford supporters. Have never been through such an intensely stressful experience in my life! The amazing scenes of our end erupting as we scored will stay with me for ever.... my No 1 Albion dayout!

Feb 14, 2010
I saw lots of trouble. Before the game I saw a large group of Brighton fighting and throwing chairs around in the small square in the town centre. I also saw Hereford fans with blood on their face. After the game I saw fighting across the road from the away end and I also walked through trouble in the cattle market. This was despite a large police and private security presence on the pub doors. As for the game, well it was torture but even if we ever do get back to another Cup final, or even win another major trophy to put up there with Charlie Webb's heroes, nothing in football will ever beat the feeling at the final whistle of Hereford away. Oh and if you can face watching 90 minutes of dreadful football, then watch the game on DVD and see how close they came to scoring at the end. It was all so, so close and with the loss of the Goldstone and Gillingham for home games in the conference looming, it is why I laugh when clubs like Palace or even Pompey (so far) think they have been hard done by. They really have no idea - yet (in Pompey's case at least).

Jan 30, 2008
woke up without a ticket.....nicked my birds car and drove all the way to hereford - got a ticket for the home end off some cardiff lads - about 20 bha in the home end - small scuffle then we were moved to the away end :) such a tense day......
were you insured :whistle:
regards
DR

D

Deleted member 2719

As for the game, well it was torture but even if we ever do get back to another Cup final, or even win another major trophy to put up there with Charlie Webb's heroes, nothing in football will ever beat the feeling at the final whistle of Hereford away. Oh and if you can face watching 90 minutes of dreadful football, then watch the game on DVD and see how close they came to scoring at the end. It was all so, so close and with the loss of the Goldstone and Gillingham for home games in the conference looming, it is why I laugh when clubs like Palace or even Pompey (so far) think they have been hard done by. They really have no idea - yet (in Pompey's case at least).

Yep i would agree with that, i am so glad i managed to see a match what can only be describe as a fight to the death and we survived..................................just.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here