Hereford United EXPELLED from Football Conference

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm not a Hereford fan but it's sad to see any club struggling when there's so much cash sloshing around the top end of the leagues.

Peter Ward, Ronnie Radford, bullocks, jumpers for goalposts, aaaaah.
:thumbsup:

TB hasn't invested anything like £200m in the football club.

He has you know, add up all the losses accrued since he took over, the cost of the stadium, and training complex/academy and I bet it's pretty close.

Not that I ever want to back up a Palace fan, but I reckon he's about right. We are incredibly lucky.

The stadium and the training complex are not owned by the football club. BHA FC Ltd (the football club and member of the FL) rents the stadium at a cost of £1m/year and will probably (imo) be similarly renting the Lancing facility when it's fully completed.

Eddie On the Wing

Jul 1, 2012
17 odd years ago Hereford United tried in vain to get Brighton & Hove Albion expelled from
The Football League. Just sayin.

What a petty little grudge - makes the Nathan Jones ones look mature. Besides, if there is one lesson from that sorry era that please god we've learnt, it's never to point fingers at fans of clubs who have been screwed over by fraudsters, crooks and directors on the make, we know how much anger, shame and hurt those fans will already be feeling. We've been there.

In the case of Hereford, though, that isn't really what's happened - there have been no crooks, no over-ambitious Premiership fantasies, just a small club in small town with small fan base scraping by from day to day. Just like Chester, Halifax and Aldershot before them , just like could be Accrington, Lincoln or Torquay any time soon. One year Hereford got relegated from League 2, the gates fell, the sponsorship dried up and the TV revenues got even smaller, but the players still had contracts and wanted paying, no one came to buy them, the ground rent didn't get any lower, the stands didn't stop needing maintenance, the ground still had to be staffed on match days and the tax man certainly wasn't going anywhere; so the end the money just ran out and then so did the money they borrowed to cover the money running out, but the interest on it didn't go away. And so on on and so on.

Meanwhile with BT now challenging Sky for the rights, the Premiership can look forward to a serious bidding war up into the billions, Wayne Rooney et al - and their agents - can have a weekly salary increase to the equivalent of Zimbabwe's national debt and the Chelseas and Manchester Cities of this world can carry on writing off Financial Fair Play as spare change in a wishing well. But they'll spend a tax deductible couple of grand on a new artificial pitch somewhere near the new Edgar Street Tesco Warehouse and say they're doing there stuff for the grass roots game.

Something is rotten and the stench goes way beyond FIFA.

No, I'm being factually correct. There are business and football reasons why the football club shouldn't own these assets. What's being a shareholder (majority or otherwise) in any number of companies got to do with SE20's point?

Because Tony Bloom would NOT have spent 150 million quid on both of them had he not been a Brighton fan.

Dress it up any way you want to, but we have benefited from Tony Blooms wealth and generosity.

Because Tony Bloom would NOT have spent 150 million quid on both of them had he not been a Brighton fan.

Dress it up any way you want to, but we have benefited from Tony Blooms wealth and generosity.

Se20's contention, on which I initially commented, is that some may feel that the Albion is gaining an unfair advantage from TB's £200m investment in the club. He also commented that two previous CP chairmen had been financially ruined by their tenure at Palace.

1) TB has not invested £200m in the Albion (ie BHA FC Ltd = the football club = the member of the Football League).
2) The £120m?+ investment in the stadium and training complex, including any future losses incurred, have nothing to do with the Football League because the Football Club (the FL member) doesn't own them.
3) This Club/Stadium split was set up by the Board under DK in the early 2000's.
4) Renting the stadium is exactly what Palace did under Goldberg and Jordan so I can't see where Se20, or anyone else, has cause to gripe about unfair advantage.

Se20's contention, on which I initially commented, is that some may feel that the Albion is gaining an unfair advantage from TB's £200m investment in the club. He also commented that two previous CP chairmen had been financially ruined by their tenure at Palace.

1) TB has not invested £200m in the Albion (ie BHA FC Ltd = the football club = the member of the Football League).
2) The £120m?+ investment in the stadium and training complex, including any future losses incurred, have nothing to do with the Football League because the Football Club (the FL member) doesn't own them.
3) This Club/Stadium split was set up by the Board under DK in the early 2000's.
4) Renting the stadium is exactly what Palace did under Goldberg and Jordan so I can't see where Se20, or anyone else, has cause to gripe about unfair advantage.

All valid points Alex.

But just like a problem child of wealthy parents, we are living in their beautiful house, with all mod cons, huge garden and massive reception room rent free.

Rent is £1m, isn't it?

Which hasn't been paid, and isn't likely to be either as Tony Bloom has written it off.

My point is not to get into an argument with fellow Brighton fans, especially when agreeing with one of "them", but to highlight that we are where we are now because of one man.

To argue that point is to me almost biting the hand that feeds you.

Which hasn't been paid, and isn't likely to be either as Tony Bloom has written it off.

BHA FC Ltd started paying rent on the stadium when the construction was deemed complete on 31 March 2013.
Page 11 of the 2012/13 accounts covering the period 1 July 2012 to 30 June 2013 show that the club paid a rent of £250k to CSL (the stadium owner) covering the three month period from 1 April 2013. The CSL accounts show this as income.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
When Telford United went bust in 2004 the team were given a triple-relegation due to insolvency by the Football Conference. They went from the Conference league to the Northern Premier League Division One.

Think that's what happened to both Newport County and Aldershot Town too.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
When Telford United went bust in 2004 the team were given a triple-relegation due to insolvency by the Football Conference. They went from the Conference league to the Northern Premier League Division One.

Think that's what happened to both Newport County and Aldershot Town too.
Aldershot dropped from Div 4 to Ryman Div 3 which was 5 divisions,Newport
dropped 4 Conference to The Hellenic League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports