Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hereford United EXPELLED from Football Conference

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Is it fair that Hereford should be expelled from the Conference when Palace's reward for entering administration twice is a clean slate, twice, and a concomitant rise to the Premier League?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is it fair that Hereford should be expelled from the Conference when Palace's reward for entering administration twice is a clean slate, twice, and a concomitant rise to the Premier League?

The truth of the matter is the Premier League and Football League don't have the balls to impose a proper punishment , the Conference can get away with it because any backlash will soon be forgotten.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Mark Goldberg and Simon Jordan were both left financially broken men.
Both gambled and failed.
Some may say TB's £200 mill growing investment is gaining an unfair advantage.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
3 June - Tommy Agombar takes over as new Hereford owner.

5 June - Hereford fail to meet 17:00 BST deadline to pay football creditors, and are threatened with expulsion, subject to Conference board vote.

6 June - Hereford meet with Conference board and are given new deadline of Saturday 7 June. The deadline is moved to Monday 9 June, then Thursday 12 June.

10 June - Hereford expelled from Football Conference.

So, Tommy Agombar. What exactly does he do?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
3 June - Tommy Agombar takes over as new Hereford owner.

So, Tommy Agombar. What exactly does he do?

Applies to the council to build a retail park on the Edgar Street ground ???

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
It's just sad that once again it's the fans who suffer the most, every community deserves a football club.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Can't help but think that Hereford's problems started when they were first relegated to the Conference. There but for the grace of a God etc etc etc!

D

Deleted User X18H

17 odd years ago Hereford United tried in vain to get Brighton & Hove Albion expelled from
The Football League.

Just sayin.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Good, constant financial mismanagement and administration needs to end somewhere. As much as i hate Hereford, and i do, the owners have royally screwed them over.

Good news for Chester and Hayes though, who will no longer be relegated from their leagues which will help them out financially too.

Sorry. I must have missed something. What is there to hate about screwed-by-their-owners Hereford?

TB hasn't invested anything like £200m in the football club.

He has you know, add up all the losses accrued since he took over, the cost of the stadium, and training complex/academy and I bet it's pretty close.

Not that I ever want to back up a Palace fan, but I reckon he's about right. We are incredibly lucky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here