Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Here we go again!! Peterborough Away

Southernposh

Oct 20, 2010
WILL IT Be pay on the gate

Who knows? Depends on what you've sold. Was it announced all ticket for you? How many did you have? Youve got 3,500 standing and 1800 seats so im sure youve only taken some of that for pre sale so should be plenty available on the day although you'll have to pre purchase seating at LR ticket office i believe.

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
Car Park (if you can call it that, it was more like a moon landing when you drove across it) is now shut pending demolision of Moyes End. There is fair meadow car park across from the ground which can get busy with shoppers and football goers using. Not sure about park and ride but dont think there is one.

We dont get beer but i recall that away fans can. Definately pies, id reccomend the chicken balti. theyre good but not as good as the ones at the AMEX I have to admit.

You couldn't get a beer in the away end last year.

Any I feel sorry for anyone who needs a shit. There was one trap that was woeful!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If we play like we did versus Saints and City we will win. A bif IF though. Hopefully see some goes as you always do at London Road, looking forward to it!! Where's everyone drinking?

Southernposh

Oct 20, 2010
Out of interest, do you know how they've got permission to use both terraces this year, given that you're supposed have no terraces within two years of having been in the Championship?

Surprised they can get away with having the London Road terrace open next season.

It's a sad state of affairs :(

My understanding is that if you have spent 3 consecutive years in the Championship it is at that point you must no longer have any terraces. Our plans for redelopment fit within that rule as Moy's end will be closed shortly and the LR end due to redevelopment once the new Moy's end Stand is finished.

D

Deleted member 22389

Its going to be tough. I would be very happy with a draw. Peterborough have not faired well against us in the past, but I have a funny feeling about this one.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Southernposh, is the town centre close by? I am taking my 3 kids and we are getting there early, so they don't fancy sitting in a pub for 2.5-3 hours and they want to take a look around the shops, although I do! Hoping the shops are nearby with a kid friendly pub that I can sit in whilst they are shopping. Will try out Charters as well though.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Southernposh, is the town centre close by? I am taking my 3 kids and we are getting there early, so they don't fancy sitting in a pub for 2.5-3 hours and they want to take a look around the shops, although I do! Hoping the shops are nearby with a kid friendly pub that I can sit in whilst they are shopping. Will try out Charters as well though.

Town centre is literally a 5-10 minute walk away from both the train station and the ground :thumbsup:

Tomalbion

Sep 7, 2011
Good morning to everyone.
I know you've all got your FA Cup replay however I thought I'd get something going ahead of the clash at London Road on Saturday.

Some of you are aware Im a Posh fan that has now lived in Brighton for 13 years and therefore have to contend with my fair share of the day to day banter.

I'll be heading up Friday Morning to make a weekend of it, catching up with family and friends.

If anyone needs any advice on boozers etc just let me know.

Otherwise whats everyones thoughts on the game / result / the last chance to stand on the moyes end terrace before its demolished.

Here's hoping for a cracking game!!

SP

haha, i'm the other way round... from brighton, moved to boro 7 years ago! love it when the two teams play!! hoping to do the double over you!! ;)

Southernposh

Oct 20, 2010
Which are the choice pubs close to ground then?

The Closest are -
Cherry Tree (Oundle Road) - The away pub but very small and can wait 20mins for a drink if busy
Charters - (see previous link I posted)Large pub on a Barge on the river. Great selection of beers and great garden area to spread out and make some noise
Palmerston Arms (Oundle Road - 100 metres down the road from the cherry tree) - A real "Real Ale" pub where you can watch your pint being poured straight from the barrell through a fully glassed window behind the bar.
Swiss Cottage - another small pub with good beer (follow road opposite cherry stree and just 200 metres down the road)

All the above are just 5 mins walk to the gound

Happy dinking and enjoy the game

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
is there any fast food outlets etc to get food after match because i need to rush for the train

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
is there any fast food outlets etc to get food after match because i need to rush for the train

If I remember correctly there is a KFC opposite the ground :D Always good for a bargain bucket before kick off ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here