Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed or Ulloa - Who's Better?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Depends what you want from your striker. Hamed he better all round link up but Ulloa is a more natural scorer.
Hamed also is a worker and literally runs himself in to the turf. I can think of a few games he's run so far and worked so hard he is spent by 75 mins

I never saw Hamed play for us. When was he here?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Ulloa was a ten million pound striker. Hemed could be. Very smart signing. Just as inspired as Goldson, Kayal, Rosenior, Knockaert and Skalak.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
On the back of his recent hat-trick performance, Hemed's goal tally has reached 16 for his first season in England. I'm sure most Albion fans would have been overjoyed with that turnout, at the start of the season.

But, who do you think is the better striker - Tomer Hemed, or Leonardo Ulloa?

Personally, I would go with Hemed. He seems to have a bit more technique to his play style, I feel his commitment to the team is slightly higher, his discipline record is better and he's already matched Ulloa's full season goal tally, with four games still to play.

Both are equal to me, simply because I don't want to compare them both. Both play football with a smile and bang them in, that's enough for me!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
For me Ulloa is still a better striker but I really do like Hemed and have enjoyed his performances to date immensely

On a related theme, do people think they'd work together as a strike pairing? Would be lacking in pace but Hemed's work rate would surely offer up a lot of chances to Leo

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
although then again, we have rotated strikers frequently this season so i imagine the minutes played are rather similar

In 2013/14 Ulloa appeared on the pitch for 2665 league minutes and scored 14 league goals and 5 assists.
In 2015/16 Hemed has (so far) appeared on the pitch for 2867* league minutes and scored 16 league goals and 6 assists.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leonardo-ulloa/leistungsdaten/spieler/54890/plus/0?saison=2013
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tomer-hemed/leistungsdaten/spieler/112668

*performance data for Fulham i've estimated. Not in transfermarkt yet.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Ulloa has an extra dimension to him in my opinion, it is no mystery that Leicester bring him on as a goal threat but with the ability to defend, he did it for Brighton and he does it for Leicester. The penalty yesterday was class as well :bowdown:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ulloa for me. It isn't even close. But Hemed has improved dramatically the last couple of months.

In 13/14 Ulloa also went many games without scoring (after his suspension/injury).
When he came back he had one period where he scored 4 in 17. His goal scoring record is actually very similar to Hemed's.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I do think Ulloa is the better player.

But i do think Hemed suffers because he has no decent song like Leo had....a decent song makes a crowd favorite

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
In 13/14 Ulloa also went many games without scoring (after his suspension/injury).
When he came back he had one period where he scored 4 in 17. His goal scoring record is actually very similar to Hemed's.

That's fair enough, but I wasn't actually comparing their goal scoring records. The question was who we'd prefer to have, and I'd take Ulloa every time because he's a better, more rounded player (in my opinion).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here