Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed or Ulloa - Who's Better?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If we really really needed a goal, and either was in on goal, my money would be on Ulloa to slot it away.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd say pretty equal. Ulloa felt like a more consistent goal scorer, but I think Hemed is as good as Murray for all round play, technique and strength.

Dont agree with that as Murrays defending set pieces is better he is also better in the air attacking than Hemed but Hemed does a lot more in a game than Murray for the team in general.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Love them both but overall I'd say Ulloa is the better player. I don't understand why people are saying that Leo is quicker than Tomer though, I would definitely disagree with that!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Hemed's probably the more gifted all round footballer, Ulloa a more effective goal poacher. Depends what you're after I guess.

EDIT: Having now read the thread, it appears I'm just echoing others' thoughts, almost word for word.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't think Ulloa could have done the Hemed header against Fulham but overall I think Ulloa has shown so far he was better. 7 goals in he next ten agmes for Tomer and they will be equal. Say 5 goals in 7 games?

Tomer Hemed was the best decision as he is younger. I think he will get a shade better.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Played in a 2 up front ulloa would have had us promoted by now.

We also would be much better at defending set peices

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Played in a 2 up front ulloa would have had us promoted by now.

We also would be much better at defending set peices

Hmm...ignoring your first point ...I'll definitely bite on the defending set pieces bit and say TH does a fine job and imho as good as LU....a game of opinions

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
:goal:

2-2

Great penalty. Better than Hemed!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Hemed by a country mile. He has a better touch. He's sharper on his feet and technically much more gifted. The way Hemed spun his man with that lovely flick against Forest showed the obvious class Ulloa was lacking.

strangersam

Dec 20, 2015
Don't forget Leo was injured for 1/4 of that season, so not really fair to compare season tally as not like for like number of games.

although then again, we have rotated strikers frequently this season so i imagine the minutes played are rather similar

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
although then again, we have rotated strikers frequently this season so i imagine the minutes played are rather similar
All the other sicknotes have been rotated while Hemed has been dead horse flogged.
He couldn't even get rotated when he was clearly crying out for a break.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here