Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed and Murray...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Huh?

Baldock was out for a chunk of the season and Hemed wasn't picked for every game either. How many games did they actually play together?

I think breaking up Kayal and Stephens has been more of a problem - that was the backbone of our success last season. We looked better when Stephens came on on Saturday.

And for what it's worth I didn't think Murray was that bad - it wasn't one of his better games but he was way ahead of Hemed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not really a follower of stats but I do recall Chris saying me at one point in the season that they had hardly ever lost when Hemed and Baldock played together up front. I am sure there is a ''stats person'' on here who might have some figures for you

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
I certainly subscribe to the Baldock camp. ONE of Murray / Hemed as a big man, with the pace of Baldock buzzing around beside. It's a timeless strike combination, because it's effective. We have midfielders who can chip in also, but they need some space around the edge of the box to work in. With some pace from Baldock, it pushes the defence back and gives that space. With two slow forwards, the defence plays high and pushes our whole side back, giving the midfield little chance of chipping in with a goal.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I certainly subscribe to the Baldock camp. ONE of Murray / Hemed as a big man, with the pace of Baldock buzzing around beside. It's a timeless strike combination, because it's effective. We have midfielders who can chip in also, but they need some space around the edge of the box to work in. With some pace from Baldock, it pushes the defence back and gives that space. With two slow forwards, the defence plays high and pushes our whole side back, giving the midfield little chance of chipping in with a goal.

Baldock simply isnt good enough - should have been replaced in pre-season but we failed to land the other striker we are desperate for so we're stuck with him. Prefer Murray n Baldock than Murrray n Hemed though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here