Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed and Murray...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Those 17 goals included, if memory (and the stats site I looked at) serves, 5 penalties, and 5 with his head. He contributes a lot to the side in other ways, but like Baldock, he's really not much cop as a striker at this level.

Thats Ulloa crossed off your list as well then.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thats Ulloa crossed off your list as well then.

Difference is, with both Ulloa and Barnes, clubs were prepared to pay a hefty premium for those genuine strikers. Hemed? Not so much. Maybe by Xmas the penny will have started to drop, when he's scored about 3 goals from penalties, 2 from headers and one in off his backside. He's pretty lucky that Baldock is here to take most of this season's flak. He might not be so lucky next season tho eh?

Difference is, with both Ulloa and Barnes, clubs were prepared to pay a hefty premium for those genuine strikers. Hemed? Not so much. Maybe by Xmas the penny will have started to drop, when he's scored about 3 goals from penalties, 2 from headers and one in off his backside. He's pretty lucky that Baldock is here to take most of this season's flak. He might not be so lucky next season tho eh?

Gary Lineker never scored many great goals, but was often at the right place at the right time. Whether Hemed scores tap ins or headers who cares, a goal is a goal. For any player to score 17 goals in their first season at our level, in a foreign country is some achievement. Really - what else re you expecting? Is this a wind up?
If the Chairman won't/can't spend more than £2m on a forward then TH is the best we are going to get.
If we had 4 players of his level then we definitely be top 6 ..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gary Lineker never scored many great goals, but was often at the right place at the right time. Whether Hemed scores tap ins or headers who cares, a goal is a goal. For any player to score 17 goals in their first season at our level, in a foreign country is some achievement. Really - what else re you expecting? Is this a wind up?

No it's not a wind-up. We're half a dozen games in, supposedly targeting top two, and he's yet to score from open play. Wouldn't have scored at all if it wasn't for Murray generously gifting him a penalty. First half of last season he went a dozen or more games without scoring. 'In a foreign country' is neither here nor there. IMHO he's an upgrade from COG but not a lot more. Still, it's a game of opinions eh? Time will tell.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is most apparent that they cannot both start the game and that we are deeply regretting missing out on signing a 4th striker to compete with Baldock for a place. Having 1 start with Baldock and another pair on the bench gives us greater options than we have at the moment.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'm not sure Murray likes a partner at all....

Pretty sure Baldock will be back in on Tuesday

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Murray

Murray seems to play a completely different role again for Albion that he did at Palace, and I hardly saw him throughout the 90 minutes go above a canter.I seriously wonder you could convert him to a "Greer-type" centre-half alongside Dunk. He'd be a menace at corners.

As we now have Murray Back with us and apparently he is the link we were missing last season then why we don't play to his strengths is beyond me. I only had the misfortune to witness Glenn playing for Palace against us once. This was in the 3-0 defeat at selhurst a couple of seasons back. That day Palace gave us a tonking by playing 2 wingers( Zaha and Bolasie) with Murray up front on his own. He had the our defence minus Dunk in his pocket. We should play like Palace did that day,Murray is no good 30 yards from goal tracking back.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
As we now have Murray Back with us and apparently he is the link we were missing last season then why we don't play to his strengths is beyond me. I only had the misfortune to witness Glenn playing for Palace against us once. This was in the 3-0 defeat at selhurst a couple of seasons back. That day Palace gave us a tonking by playing 2 wingers( Zaha and Bolasie) with Murray up front on his own. He had the our defence minus Dunk in his pocket. We should play like Palace did that day,Murray is no good 30 yards from goal tracking back.

I agree with that
I was also at that game at Selhurst and he was immense

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
Well, I think Himid is good at this level, and Merry can be great for us. Not starting together though. We need one to start with a Baldcock type player, but one who scores at least once every 5 games.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
My worry though, that Chris Hughton, notoriously conservative in many ways in football management, is reluctant to change what has been, in his eyes, a successful starting eleven.

I actually think the opposite of this is true.

I think CH downfall thus far this season has been to break up his most successful striking pairing of last season Baldock and Hemed together, to make way for Murray.

I love Hemed as a player but he does struggle to last 90 minutes, so you need a similar type player like Murray in the squad. We haven't dominated matches like we did last year but in the 2 games that we did dominate, Murray got a few goals, so I think, there is room for both in the squad.

I am not the biggest fan of Baldock but whoever he plays alongside, we seem to be more successful with him playing.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I actually think the opposite of this is true.

I think CH downfall thus far this season has been to break up his most successful striking pairing of last season Baldock and Hemed together, to make way for Murray.

I love Hemed as a player but he does struggle to last 90 minutes, so you need a similar type player like Murray in the squad. We haven't dominated matches like we did last year but in the 2 games that we did dominate, Murray got a few goals, so I think, there is room for both in the squad.

I am not the biggest fan of Baldock but whoever he plays alongside, we seem to be more successful with him playing.

Huh?

Baldock was out for a chunk of the season and Hemed wasn't picked for every game either. How many games did they actually play together?

I think breaking up Kayal and Stephens has been more of a problem - that was the backbone of our success last season. We looked better when Stephens came on on Saturday.

And for what it's worth I didn't think Murray was that bad - it wasn't one of his better games but he was way ahead of Hemed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here