Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help-White membership

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire

I'm a white member.I paid £10 once,and was told it was a once and for all payment to cover admin charges FOR MY LIFETIME. So I kicked up somewhat when told I would have to pay again,especially as I was{and am} still alive.........and I haven't paid again,and I'm still a white member,and still get tickets.And I still think it is a rip off,merely a small cash line on the budget,and one which antagonised more supporters besides me,and which is small minded and something I wish our club was above.

Still, "every other club does it" ,which proves it's right..............doesn't it?

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Wasn't there a period of time, when they changed over from AMS to Gold/Blue/White, in which you could 're-register' your details for free (and therefore become a White member), but then after that you had to pay the tenner?? Or am I completely mistaken???

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Wasn't there a period of time, when they changed over from AMS to Gold/Blue/White, in which you could 're-register' your details for free (and therefore become a White member), but then after that you had to pay the tenner?? Or am I completely mistaken???

I'm pretty certain that's how I maintained my White Membership

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
When did White membership become annually renewable? I have a .pdf of a White membership form that makes no mention of this!? :angry:

But the application form to become a White Member still states that the £10 is an ANNUAL fee. It's all very well the club stating that this is incorrect on NSC, but what about those people who don't read NSC.

The club should correct the application form on the website, as most people will take this to be the official club line.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
so can anyone answer my original question? as a season ticket holder last year, would i still be on the albion database now....as a white member?

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
so can anyone answer my original question? as a season ticket holder last year, would i still be on the albion database now....as a white member?

OK, easy answer. Register online and see if it says you are already registered (that's what I did).

https://www.seagulls.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/Profile/Registration.aspx

Two asides-I know 100% that the AMS/White £10 membership fee was clearly stated as a once only lifetime fee.

Problem I have is that I know my AMS number, but don't remember ever being given a FAN number when I registered/transferred to White. Emailed the club a week ago to ask for FAN number, but no reply.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
First I was gold, then silver, then after I dropped to white when I did`nt renew my season ticket and now someone says there are grey areas.........:wozza:

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
I do wish you'd all listen. It's perfectly simple. If you're not getting your hair cut, you don't have to move your brother's clothes down to the lower peg. You simply collect his note before lunch, after you've done your scripture prep, when you've written your letter home, before rest, move your own clothes onto the lower peg, greet the visitors, and report to Mr. Viney that you've had your chit signed.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
When I was still living at home and then later when I was living with my girlfriend, I would get up on the day of a match and announce: "right I'm off to Swindon or Birmingham or Leeds or Southend or (well, you get the picture)".

Nowadays its a bloomin military operation just to get to a sodding football match. I am a white member and I'm sure it's a one off. I've got IT problems so I'm going to go down to the ticket office on Wednesday morning to get a couple of tickets. Just in case I'm gonna fill out another white membership form and take it with me. I know I'm on their database and the other ticket is for my son who is a young seagull.

Just in case though I'm going to prepare a f***ing powerpoint presentation on my life as a Brighton fan, I'm going to wear my Brighton shirt, hat and gloves and take my Albion brolly. As I walk into the shop I'm going to sing GOSBTS at the top of my voice so that they'll know I'm a genuine fan.

Then I'll definitely get the tickets.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
When I was still living at home and then later when I was living with my girlfriend, I would get up on the day of a match and announce: "right I'm off to Swindon or Birmingham or Leeds or Southend or (well, you get the picture)".

Nowadays its a bloomin military operation just to get to a sodding football match. I am a white member and I'm sure it's a one off. I've got IT problems so I'm going to go down to the ticket office on Wednesday morning to get a couple of tickets. Just in case I'm gonna fill out another white membership form and take it with me. I know I'm on their database and the other ticket is for my son who is a young seagull.

Just in case though I'm going to prepare a f***ing powerpoint presentation on my life as a Brighton fan, I'm going to wear my Brighton shirt, hat and gloves and take my Albion brolly. As I walk into the shop I'm going to sing GOSBTS at the top of my voice so that they'll know I'm a genuine fan.

Then I'll definitely get the tickets.

Computer says No!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I do wish you'd all listen. It's perfectly simple. If you're not getting your hair cut, you don't have to move your brother's clothes down to the lower peg. You simply collect his note before lunch, after you've done your scripture prep, when you've written your letter home, before rest, move your own clothes onto the lower peg, greet the visitors, and report to Mr. Viney that you've had your chit signed.
Is that from Clockwise?! I keep thinking of that scene when I read all these hundreds of posts in dozens of threads; if I could be arsed I'd search YouTube to see if it's on there.

What a shambles; people are either not sure of which scheme they're in, or if they do know then they either can't get the system to work or they want buy tickets for people who are in different schemes.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I'm in the same boat as you, those who were season ticket holders last season become entitled to a white memebership this season:thumbsup:

I'm in the same boat, but have gone in a different direction. I've had STs for the last 9 years but didn't renew this season. Although I'm still on their database and have a login/password etc. to buy tickets, the ticket office told me that I'm not a white member and I've therefore forked out £10 to join as a white member.

As a complete aside, Villa are doing hospitality at £50 (without a meal) or £75 (with a meal) for this game.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
has anyone actually had a reply to an email to the club checking on their membership number and password? I requested mine last Thursday and still no reply. Surely in this IT friendly world, this is the sort of stuff which could be done by staff working from home?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here