Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] HELP SAVE THE PRINCE ALBERT!!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
https://www.change.org/p/sign-help-save-the-prince-albert?source_location=search

THE PRINCE ALBERT NEEDS YOUR URGENT HELP!

Our wonderful pub and amazing live music venue are under serious threat from developers. We need your help to stop this. We have seen so many brilliant venues close across the country in the last few years, please help stop us from joining this list!

There are countless reasons we believe this development should not go ahead, not only for ourselves but the wider local community. These consist of planning issues, social issues and of course the threat of permanent closure of The Albert.

We need as many signatures as we can before our committee meeting on Wednesday 1st November. This will show the councillors that the overriding feeling of the public is that this development needs to be stopped.

PLEASE SIGN AND HELP SAVE THE ALBERT!

Thank you all for taking the time to help.

Much love,

The Albert family.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Signed. Don’t know the pub, but, as a landlord, we are losing way to many of our pubs up and down the country.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A very important pub, music venue and cultural hub; we can’t lose this. Signed and donated some money. I’ll also pass on the link.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Its a great pub, seen several bands upstairs over the years, great murals, including the kissing coppers reproduction of the original, where the original was.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Signed. It’s an awesome pub. Also has some signage from the Goldstone in there. I almost cried when I saw it.

IMG_6783.jpeg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought this was sorted last year?

Live music venues have struggled for years, they're nearly always under pressure. The duke of Wellington at Shoreham is going to need help soon. Fight the good Fight :thumbsup:

When they appoint Mad Nad as 'culture secretary' to decide what to do with OUR taxes whilst closing down live music venues, it's time to stand up :rant:

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
It was only 15 years ago I was cultivating my tinnitus with regular gigs at the Freebutt, Pressure Point, Ocean Rooms, Hanbury Ballroom (3 of those 4 now gone and the Hanbury no longer does gigs). I feel lucky, despite the tinnitus, to have lived those times. Seen a few upstairs at the Albert aswell (best being Jesse Sykes and Phil Wandscher, was v into Whiskeytown at the time).

Signed.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I thought this was sorted last year?
I only posted the Change.Org link I was sent.

However I have been on the BHCC planning website and the application for the big garage next door is listed to be heard at planning committee this Wednesday 1st November!

Albert is Listed so can’t be demolished but BHCC Licencing could try reducing hours/noise I guess.

Last edited:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Signed, even though I’m miles away and was last in there pre-Covid. It must live.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I only posted the Change.Org link I was sent.

However I have been on the BHCC planning website and the application for the big garage next door is listed to be heard at planning committee this Wednesday 1st November!

The application is for commercial with 2 holiday lets above….with bedrooms right next to a live music venue!!

So def not sorted, so please support the petition all!
Pretty sure something very similar indeed was seen off last year. We had a big thread about it. Is this the same developer come back to have another go?

*EDIT* Here's the thread from last year

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was only 15 years ago I was cultivating my tinnitus with regular gigs at the Freebutt, Pressure Point, Ocean Rooms, Hanbury Ballroom (3 of those 4 now gone and the Hanbury no longer does gigs). I feel lucky, despite the tinnitus, to have lived those times. Seen a few upstairs at the Albert aswell (best being Jesse Sykes and Phil Wandscher, was v into Whiskeytown at the time).

Signed.
Same here. In fact we had our wedding party at the Freebutt. The Albert will do far more for Brighton than more f***ing holiday apartments. It can’t close.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here