Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Held back after the game

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In other news, billions of people are starving, Russia is brutalising the people of Ukraine and China will inevitably attack Taiwan causing a major conflict with the US.
Fortunately, I'm a woman, so I can multi task.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
@Bozza or any other mod. Acker has quoted a post of 'mine' that I haven't made. This is the second time today that has happened. @Albion my Albion quoted a post I hadn't made in a different thread.

When I say a post I hadn't made I don't mean they've changed a post I made, I mean I haven't even made a post at all. I've scrolled through the thread and there is no post by me. Also, the posts quoted make absolutely no sense in relation to the thread.

What's going on? Is there a glitch in the matrix? How are people quoting non existent posts by me? It's all a bit strange.
I was trying to show you how it can be done manually (I have no nefarious motives, it was just intended as an answer to your question).

If you click on the little arrow next to your name in a quote, it takes you to the post quoted. If you click on the arrow next to your name in the oranges quote, it will take you to the other thread where you asked how it happens. I copied your post from the other thread and pasted it into the reply box in this thread (and edited what was actually said to make it appear as another post). It helps if you toggle BB code (the hard brackets next to the save icon in the reply box toolbar).

I don't know if something similar happened with your other quote - try clicking the arrow in that one to see where it takes you.

EDIT
I've just had a look @ConfusedGloryHunter is right, albionmyalbion has done something similar to what I did - copied a quote of one of your posts in the mitoma thread and added it to the I love you all thread and edited the content.

Last edited:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Very kind of you to say.

However, I was talking about quoting me in a thread I hadn't posted in so there should be no post to alter.
Have you tried clicking on the little arrow next to your name when you are quoted? It takes you back to the original post. For instance one of yours that you were confused by came from a thread on Mitoma. I'm guessing someone clicked on "quote" instead of "reply" and then had your post saved up when they then replied to someone else. Not sure our collective internet skilz are really up to "multi quote" mode.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Too much hate in the world as it is. Surely it’s possible to enjoy the win and the ride we are on without having to have a pop at their heavily guarded fans on the way out too? Just my view, I appreciate other views are out there too.
Erm....try reading the room ...?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Peter how on earth can you post on a football forum at a time like this?
To be fair, I was pointing out that there’s enough glee to be had in the win and what the club is achieving. I don’t need to goad the opposition fans on top to enjoy what’s going on on the pitch.

I’ve been at a game where a lad was killed for less, and was in Marseilles when England fans were attacked by the Russians which was genuinely scary. I would prefer to come to the game and enjoy it to get away from all that shit, not to have all that shit being an integral part of my enjoyment - for me it detracts from it, it doesn’t get me away from it at all.

We are bigger and better than that, or should be, and that’s enough for me!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
To be fair, I was pointing out that there’s enough glee to be had in the win and what the club is achieving. I don’t need to goad the opposition fans on top to enjoy what’s going on on the pitch.

I’ve been at a game where a lad was killed for less, and was in Marseilles when England fans were attacked by the Russians which was genuinely scary. I would prefer to come to the game and enjoy it to get away from all that shit, not to have all that shit being an integral part of my enjoyment - for me it detracts from it, it doesn’t get me away from it at all.

Not really the same point you initially made about the terrible stuff going on in Ukraine etc. I am sure we are all aware of that and a bit of harmless poking fun at our lovely rivals isn't going to change anything for the worse. If we always weighed every action we deem pleasurable through a filter containing all the bad things in life, then we'd all suffer continual depression.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I was trying to show you how it can be done manually (I have no nefarious motives, it was just intended as an answer to your question).

If you click on the little arrow next to your name in a quote, it takes you to the post quoted. If you click on the arrow next to your name in the oranges quote, it will take you to the other thread where you asked how it happens. I copied your post from the other thread and pasted it into the reply box in this thread (and edited what was actually said to make it appear as another post). It helps if you toggle BB code (the hard brackets next to the save icon in the reply box toolbar).

I don't know if something similar happened with your other quote - try clicking the arrow in that one to see where it takes you.

EDIT
I've just had a look @ConfusedGloryHunter is right, albionmyalbion has done something similar to what I did - copied a quote of one of your posts in the mitoma thread and added it to the I love you all thread and edited the content.

Have you tried clicking on the little arrow next to your name when you are quoted? It takes you back to the original post. For instance one of yours that you were confused by came from a thread on Mitoma. I'm guessing someone clicked on "quote" instead of "reply" and then had your post saved up when they then replied to someone else. Not sure our collective internet skilz are really up to "multi quote" mode.
I hadn't even noticed there was an arrow, let alone that I could click on it!

I think I know what's going on now. No ghosts in the machine or glitches in the matrix. Just technology beyond my ability.

Thanks!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Not really the same point you initially made about the terrible stuff going on in Ukraine etc. I am sure we are all aware of that and a bit of harmless poking fun at our lovely rivals isn't going to change anything for the worse. If we always weighed every action we deem pleasurable through a filter containing all the bad things in life, then we'd all suffer continual depression.
Fair enough. But one person’s harmless fun is interpreted differently by others. I gave up my season ticket when hospitalised with Covid and now pick and choose games, getting to about half. Not a chance I could persuade the missus to go last night because she’d been to such games before and didn’t like the atmosphere.
But I accept your comment about my initial post, apologies for being a mood hoover 🤕

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
In other news, billions of people are starving, Russia is brutalising the people of Ukraine and China will inevitably attack Taiwan causing a major conflict with the US.
You didn’t mention Palace fans crying

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I know some don't like the post match playing of Freed From Desire, but like it because it feels like we are rubbing their noses in it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Too much hate in the world as it is. Surely it’s possible to enjoy the win and the ride we are on without having to have a pop at their heavily guarded fans on the way out too? Just my view, I appreciate other views are out there too.
It’s just panto Pete. Even if a few Neanderthals do take it too far.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

not for me

games like last night need an edge. Its a chance to let off steam , its all verbals anyway and adds to the occasion

football is sanitised enough , lets not get too soft about it all

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

I do think he has a point. Banter with humour very good but downright abuse is pointless. Eg I was on an early train from Brighton. When 4 Palace fans who were minding own business got off and were walking to ground a group of young lads walked besides them calling them F----- G Cs. Just embarrassing,

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
@Bozza or any other mod. Acker has quoted a post of 'mine' that I haven't made. This is the second time today that has happened. @Albion my Albion quoted a post I hadn't made in a different thread.

When I say a post I hadn't made I don't mean they've changed a post I made, I mean I haven't even made a post at all. I've scrolled through the thread and there is no post by me. Also, the posts quoted make absolutely no sense in relation to the thread.

What's going on? Is there a glitch in the matrix? How are people quoting non existent posts by me? It's all a bit strange.

AND I'M A WHINGE OF THE MOST OBVIOUS PROPORTIONS!

That is weird.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here