Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Heineken zero

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Has anyone had any luck getting Heineken zero down to their seats at the Amex? I’m driving today so am not drinking, but noticed that they’re selling Heineken zero in the ground. Perfect I thought, at least I can drink it in my seat.

But “oh no”, said the steward, “you can’t take that down there, it’s the ground regulations” I tried to reason that the ground regulations are no alcohol in the seats and that this is zero alcohol. I was told that it looks like alcohol, so I can’t take it down there. Is that really the case?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Has anyone had any luck getting Heineken zero down to their seats at the Amex? I’m driving today so am not drinking, but noticed that they’re selling Heineken zero in the ground. Perfect I thought, at least I can drink it in my seat.

But “oh no”, said the steward, “you can’t take that down there, it’s the ground regulations” I tried to reason that the ground regulations are no alcohol in the seats and that this is zero alcohol. I was told that it looks like alcohol, so I can’t take it down there. Is that really the case?
I've had the same discussion at Sainsburys self checkout. Apparently it's because it could still contain 0.05% alcohol.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Letting a can down to the seats would be f***ing stupid alcoholic or not.
I completely agree, but the thought didn’t even cross my mind. Probably because I intended to drink it rather than throw it at someone. But had the steward have said, you can’t take a can down mate. I would have been quite embarrassed and agreed that it was a bit silly. The point about it resembling alcohol just annoyed me a bit.

Anyway, I’ve calmed down, drank a much needed bottle of water in my seat in the sunshine and enjoyed an exciting game of football. 👍

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've had the same discussion at Sainsburys self checkout. Apparently it's because it could still contain 0.05% alcohol.
Pretty sure that isn't the reason. It's because the packaging looks almost identical.
It can’t be the reason. There’s a number of everyday items which contain similarly small traces of alcohol.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I completely agree, but the thought didn’t even cross my mind. Probably because I intended to drink it rather than throw it at someone. But had the steward have said, you can’t take a can down mate. I would have been quite embarrassed and agreed that it was a bit silly. The point about it resembling alcohol just annoyed me a bit.

Anyway, I’ve calmed down, drank a much needed bottle of water in my seat in the sunshine and enjoyed an exciting game of football. 👍
Would this be water that looks like vodka?

Jimmy Grimble

Someone had managed to get a pint to their seat for the first half in the WSU. Didn’t cross my mind that it could’ve been a Heineken Zero!

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
In East upper the Heineken zero was in bottles, which they poured in a plastic glass . Be hard for a steward to distinguish the difference.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just trying to work out why you were asking which beer you might be able to take to your seat at an EPL game with the staff in your local supermarket?

SteveU

May 31, 2022
If you can’t take a can of Coke or similar to the seats why would you be able to take a can of non alcoholic lager?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
In East upper the Heineken zero was in bottles, which they poured in a plastic glass . Be hard for a steward to distinguish the difference.
I believe that is why it is not permitted. Why not allow the bottle sans top into the stand in the way that soft drinks and water is. During one of the Women's World Cup (Norway v Austria) games I too was refused entry to the stand with a cup of Heineken Zero.

I actually don't mind Heineken Zero one of the nicer alcohol free beers for me.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005

We need more detail and context here. Was it a steward that stopped you? Was the steward a man or a woman or fluid or non-identifying? Were they small, medium or large? Were they short, medium or tall? We’re they young, middle aged or old? Were they hetero, homo or another choice? What was their ethnic group? And where were they born? Thx.

(Editor Note for any Americans reading this: heavy irony alert. Read ‘disabled ramp’ thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here