Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heineken at the Amex

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I give Harvey's and piglets a year!

I think Paul Barber knows that would be the stupidest marketing and PR decision he would ever make. They will stay, he's said so himself many times in interviews.

People may think him a trickster, but he's certainly not goint to lie straight to our faces like that.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
How are the going to cope with pooring Guiness correctly, takes them long enough to serve as it is!

I imagine the Guinness will be sold bottled on the concourses if at all.

They had Draught Guinness for Paddies Day so perhaps it was a success so they are bringing it back for every game.

Draught Guinness has been on tap in the NS every game since the St Patricks Day match

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How are the going to cope with pooring Guiness correctly, takes them long enough to serve as it is!

I would think that would be one of the easier ones for them to pour as in a normal surrounding you should pour 1/2 to 3/4 and leave to stand for 2 mins then top up so they will have many pre poured to that level and just top up which is easy provided you dont want a shamrock put on it, which is only for show anyway. Which if using the guidelines set by Guinness is very easy .

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton

I would think that would be one of the easier ones for them to pour as in a normal surrounding you should pour 1/2 to 3/4 and leave to stand for 2 mins then top up so they will have many pre poured to that level and just top up which is easy provided you dont want a shamrock put on it, which is only for show anyway. Which if using the guidelines set by Guinness is very easy .

This is actually a very good point (coming from a Guinness drinker)!! But you need to pour much more than half!!

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton

Ha ha this is actually a very good point!!

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton

I would think that would be one of the easier ones for them to pour as in a normal surrounding you should pour 1/2 to 3/4 and leave to stand for 2 mins then top up so they will have many pre poured to that level and just top up which is easy provided you dont want a shamrock put on it, which is only for show anyway. Which if using the guidelines set by Guinness is very easy .[/QUOTE

albionite

May 20, 2009
So 5 more years of strongbow:eek: That's me turning up late and heading into town as soon as the game has finished.

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
So 5 more years of strongbow:eek: That's me turning up late and heading into town as soon as the game has finished.

Five years of Bulmers as an alternative, if you can read :thumbsup:

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'll wait and see if they do Bulmers in concourse, have a funny feeling that will be in Dicks bar. Bulmers isn't that great but better than strongbow.

"Visitors to the stadium will be able to enjoy a range of drinks, including leading brands Foster’s, Heineken, Kronenbourg 1664, Strongbow, Bulmers, Sol and Desperados in the concourse kiosks, Dick’s Bar and the 1901 Club lounges."

The wording seems to suggest that they will :clap:

In one of our pubs we once did a blind tasting of beer and cider and included water and is surprising how many of the hardened drinkers picked the water as the strong lager, not everybody obviously, but quite a few and also the number that confused flat John Smith smooth with Carlsberg or Fosters. We served all of it at the same temperature which was like Fosters Cold. Nobody actually got all 9 drinks correct.

I have also seen a whisky taster, on a trip to a distillery, try this with 20 whiskys, and he picked out his brand correctly but only got about 50% of the remainder right and said that even that was a bit guess work.
At the Red Lion in Hove Place, I once did a blind tasting of draught Guinness and water. And got it wrong.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The wording is slightly deceiving. All of the products have to my knowledge all been available in various places but never all in the same place. As someone mentioned nothing will change.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I think this is great news.

It all depends on if they are all available in every outlet. Ie Dicks, 1901, all stands and the away.

I've never been to any other football ground that has

Fosters
Heineken
Kronenbourg
Sol
Desperados
Strongbow
Bulmers
Harvey's
Dark Star
Guinness

Available at at least one point in the ground, add on that the food...

Piglets...
Steak and ale
Chicken and ham
Balti
Vege
Burger
Hotdog

That is a selection of drinks better than some pubs.

Granted Sol, desperados, and probably Bulmers will be bottled rather than draught, and possibly Heineken but so what?? That's fantastic to choose from. The pies are great (yes sometimes they're not perfect) but its still good, most other grounds (the ones Ive been to anyway) just sell a bottle of carling or carlsberg and a pukka pie for more than we charge.

We have it good, it's a pity some of us don't appreciate just how good we do have it now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At the Red Lion in Hove Place, I once did a blind tasting of draught Guinness and water. And got it wrong.

What a gent very few admit to it but it catches a lot out or it did that evening in my pub, and mostly people who scoffed at it and said it would never catch them out as they can tell the difference immediately.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The problem with having that so many different brands will be the bar staff, who stuggled with two lagers and one bitter

sweet Jesus.....you are just oozing positivity.Up and down the country you can go to football and your choice is normally a warm bottle of lager or bitter.

are you the chap that sits at the end of the bar in the pub?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here