Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heineken at the Amex

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
My brother will be happy as I am sure many will if Guinness becomes standard and perhaps I will have to develop a taste for it as opposed to Harveys which I dont like and lager which I am not partial to. Funny I like bottled Guinness but not to happy with draught. I may have to slide a miniature port in my pocket to put in my Guinness.

I imagine the Guinness will be sold bottled on the concourses if at all.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, kronenburg and heineken. Obviously I could if they were next to each other though.

In one of our pubs we once did a blind tasting of beer and cider and included water and is surprising how many of the hardened drinkers picked the water as the strong lager, not everybody obviously, but quite a few and also the number that confused flat John Smith smooth with Carlsberg or Fosters. We served all of it at the same temperature which was like Fosters Cold. Nobody actually got all 9 drinks correct.

I have also seen a whisky taster, on a trip to a distillery, try this with 20 whiskys, and he picked out his brand correctly but only got about 50% of the remainder right and said that even that was a bit guess work.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I give Harvey's and piglets a year!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I remember when Heineken was a byword for sh*te.

T'is about time we had some Ben Truman on the concourse.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't think they dare remove them. Local people want local produce.

If you put yourself in barbers underpants, if he is hell bent on FFP then if pukka pies come in cheaper than piglets, then you will be failing in your duties if you do not go for the cheapest...to hell with local opinion

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you put yourself in barbers underpants, if he is hell bent on FFP then if pukka pies come in cheaper than piglets, then you will be failing in your duties if you do not go for the cheapest...to hell with local opinion
That only goes so far.
PB can't run the club with that attitude, as much as plenty would have you believe.

He needs to tread the fine line between cost and performance, ie Queens Road.
Anyone could walk into his job and cut cut cut, it just doesn't work like that.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I give Harvey's and piglets a year!

Will be the day I never spend another single penny on the concourse. Barber may have spun his way out of unpopular decisions in recent times. He won't find this one so easy to bat off, should it ever happen.

With all the new products coming on line tomorrow (I assume?), I predict a catering car crash tomorrow. The young kids struggled during the Newport game, many looking bemused when ask for basic products and struggling with the pouring technique of a Harveys. Like the Villarreal game, not the hint of a manager or supervisor in sight.

I will be drinking and eating at The Swan tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here