Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heather Mills aiming to represent GB in Russian Paralympics

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I am with you in not liking the woman, However how can it be a level playing field.

Yes she needs to meet certain standards to be considered but lets be honest if its a choice between an unknown athlete & Heather Mills its fairly obvious who will get the place just for the extra publicity its likely to generate.

Team GB didn't pick David Beckham for the football squad, so that pretty much proves your argument is completely incorrect I think.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
My only gripe with her was ruining the lagoon cafe, other than that i couldn't care less about her :shrug:

Have to agree with you. So THIS. I'd rather eat my own sh*t than the over priced rubbish she served up. Thankfully FBS has rescued it - always trust an Albion fan !

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
She's a dimwit who got tangled up with a bloke who's lawyers ate her for breakfast. She did herself no favours, every time I saw her on telly she was talking windy pie but she has as much right as anyone else to take part in the Olympics.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not really a slight on Heather Mills but she was in a London Art Gallery with Paul McCartney, when McCartney was approached by three girls of about 13 on a school outing, one of whom was my daughter. When one of the young girls asked for an autograph( not my daughter, she has better taste :smile:) they were all told to F*** Off by Sir Paul. Nice couple, maybe he was pissed with Heather at the time.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not really a slight on Heather Mills but she was in a London Art Gallery with Paul McCartney, when McCartney was approached by three girls of about 13, one of whom was my daughter. When one of the young girls asked for an autograph the girl ( not my daughter, she has better taste :smile:) they were all told to F*** Off by Sir Paul. Nice couple

Doesn't surprise me - I'm getting rather bored of Radio 2's worship of his recent performance - he was sh*t and has been for a long while. He should retire and stop dying his hair - he looks like a prat !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Doesn't surprise me - I'm getting rather bored of Radio 2's worship of his recent performance - he was sh*t and has been for a long while. He should retire and stop dying his hair - he looks like a prat !

True, his voice is shot in live performances, you'd have to be tone deaf not to wince when he's singing these days. He did have a fabulous range in his heyday it has to be said.

I have no idea what his new album is like, I have no intention of listening to it. I know it will be bland sing along "all done before" pop.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Whatever she's like personally, if she gets a place in the Paralympic squad then good luck to her. She'd have to meet the standard the same as anyone else.

And I also think it's a bit harsh to make three legged race jokes. She lost a leg in a car accident, FFS. I don't see anyone taking the piss out of soldiers who've had limbs blown off by landmines, or kids losing a leg to septicaemia.

Maybe she wouldn't be my cup of tea as a person (I have no idea), but her disability is pretty real.

I would have hoped a jibe about 3-legged races, which is clearly not, and never will be, an Olympic event, should have been instantly recognisable at an attempt of humour. When I first joined this board some years ago, someone had died but because his name was in someway related to fish, 3 pages of fish puns ensued, all in the name of comedy. So I'm now unclear what is and is not acceptable in the line of humour, double standards at its very best. However, Heather, if you're reading this thread, I apologise for any upset this may have caused.

I'm very surprised, Edna, you don't know the full details of how she lost her leg - it was no car accident - she was hit by a police motorcyclist who was responding to an incident - apparently she ran out from behind a bus without looking. She then successfully sued the police for £200k but the copper, Simon Osbourne, was forced to retire due to injuries sustained in the accident. I'll certainly make no jokes about that.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just seems a shame she has the possibility of representing GB; in a sport that is clearly governed by an individuals ability to finance the life style and practise needed, after such an acrimonious and public slagging match about how much money she was due to gain and entitled to after her divorce. Thats the link i see.

F**k 'em, if she's the quickest down the slopes then she'll be in the team. It's not her fault if some other lazy **** can't be bothered to practice and then bleat that they can't make the squad. It's a serious sporting event not a charity to make disabled people feel better.

I actually find your comments patronising towards disabled people.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
True, his voice is shot in live performances, you'd have to be tone deaf not to wince when he's singing these days. He did have a fabulous range in his heyday it has to be said.

I have no idea what his new album is like, I have no intention of listening to it. I know it will be bland sing along "all done before" pop.

Agree, it's just a hobbie for him now and none of his band will tell him he's rubbish when he pays their wages and gets them gigs. It's a bit like the emperor's new clothes.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
WTF is this in English?

Just seems a shame she has the possibility of representing GB; in a sport that is clearly governed by an individuals ability to finance the life style and practise needed, after such an acrimonious and public slagging match about how much money she was due to gain and entitled to after her divorce. Thats the link i see.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
F**k 'em, if she's the quickest down the slopes then she'll be in the team. It's not her fault if some other lazy **** can't be bothered to practice and then bleat that they can't make the squad. It's a serious sporting event not a charity to make disabled people feel better.

Did you mean to quote that post? :lol:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

43803935_Michael_Wi_376208b.jpg

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Whatever she's like personally, if she gets a place in the Paralympic squad then good luck to her. She'd have to meet the standard the same as anyone else.

And I also think it's a bit harsh to make three legged race jokes. She lost a leg in a car accident, FFS. I don't see anyone taking the piss out of soldiers who've had limbs blown off by landmines, or kids losing a leg to septicaemia.

Maybe she wouldn't be my cup of tea as a person (I have no idea), but her disability is pretty real.

You are way too sensible for this forum, even Bozza makes contraversial statements now and then,take your head out of your arse the womans unpopular get over it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here