Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Heated warmers for football

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I really enjoy going to football but sitting in the cold is playing havoc with the osteoarthritis in my knees and affecting other health conditions as I was reminded after the Womens game on Sunday.

I've got thermals and layers but they just take the edge off. Before it gets even colder, I'm thinking about getting some heated warmers - i.e. socks, undershirt, gloves, leggings etc. Doing a quick search has shown loads of varying prices available so just wondered if anyone had any that they'd tried and would recommend? Also, what sort of battery pack did they have - my inlaws got me some heated gloves but they take 2 D batteries EACH which is a bit on the large and heavy side :ROFLMAO:

Many thanks in advance

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
IMG_0036.png

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I went to watch the Canada vs USA World Cup Qualifier in January last year. As you can probably imagine it was f###ing freezing, so we made sure we went prepared. Disposable hand/feet warmers were the best things. I assume you can buy them in the UK, they're these little pouches which activate when you open the pack and snap/shake them. A couple of them inside shoes and gloves worked wonders. We also took self-inflating seat cushions to keep our bums off the cold plastic seats.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I went to watch the Canada vs USA World Cup Qualifier in January last year. As you can probably imagine it was f###ing freezing, so we made sure we went prepared. Disposable hand/feet warmers were the best things. I assume you can buy them in the UK, they're these little pouches which activate when you open the pack and snap/shake them. A couple of them inside shoes and gloves worked wonders. We also took self-inflating seat cushions to keep our bums off the cold plastic seats.
What was the score?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
My husband bought me a Keis heated body warmer for wearing on my motorbike during cold weather. As well as a connection dirrectly on the bike, it came with a reachargable battery to use when off the bike.

So I might try using it for very cold matches

I found last year wearing thermal lined walking trousers instead of jeans was massive improvement as well.

Obviously hat and scarf are a must

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I found last year wearing thermal lined walking trousers instead of jeans was massive improvement as well.

Oh yes, I'd second that. I've got some thermal lined trousers I bought from Decathlon which are great in the winter.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I really enjoy going to football but sitting in the cold is playing havoc with the osteoarthritis in my knees and affecting other health conditions as I was reminded after the Womens game on Sunday.

I've got thermals and layers but they just take the edge off. Before it gets even colder, I'm thinking about getting some heated warmers - i.e. socks, undershirt, gloves, leggings etc. Doing a quick search has shown loads of varying prices available so just wondered if anyone had any that they'd tried and would recommend? Also, what sort of battery pack did they have - my inlaws got me some heated gloves but they take 2 D batteries EACH which is a bit on the large and heavy side :ROFLMAO:

Many thanks in advance
I get horribly cold hands…..I bought a pair of rechargeable heated gloves to try out and they are fantastic. Look like motorcycle gloves, the (very slim) batteries sit inside the gloves on the back of the wrist and I barely notice them. They have 3 heat settings and give several hours of heat. Been absolute livesavers for me at football, on walks, fishing trips etc. Plenty on Amazon, think I paid about £35.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020

Many thanks in advance
What did you do pre NSC ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looking into buying a heated gilet. I feel freezing cold sitting at games in the months Nov to Mar. Despite wearing layers that worked fine at -25c in Lapland and alpine climes.

It’s not natural to sit outside for 2 hours in a very damp, cool UK autumn/winter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here