Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Haydon Roberts

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Roberts played centre mid for Hove Park, was v surprised to see him playing at the back. Not the tallest.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agree.....i think he is about to become the second striker with Murray after first choice Maupay. When he scores he will go on to score a few more this season.......he looks a real prospect and he is just a youngster.:clap:

Short. Stocky. Fast. Doesn't get pushed off the ball. Quick instinctive reflexes. Knows where the goal is. Is magnetically attracted to the goal.

Touch of the Wardy's about him, isn't there. Bring it on!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If I learnt anything from last nights game its that Duffy and Bong are finished as Brighton players baring injuries to players.

Both wont be with us next season.

And I bloody love Duffy before I get people annoyed, he just does not fit in with how we now play.

I fear you might be right. I hope we don't, he's one of my favourite players but if he doesn't fit Potter's style it would make sense to sell a proven premier league and international centre half and re-use the money it would bring in elsewhere.

I think there's going to be a big clear out come the summer. Locadia, Ali J, Andone and possibly Izquierdo could all join him in exiting the club. That would provide (hopefully) 50m+ and a decent amount of freed up wages for Potter to play with. Then we'd really get to see what Potter can do.

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I can't believe these comments about Connolly, he has looked the part,

This is what a lot of football fans like doing. Once they've seen a player 5/6 times, then it's time to start the criticism and the 'guess he didn't live up to it' stuff.

God knows why we do this to our products? I suppose bigging up a youngster who's only played one game might not help either, especially when there's already posts on here comparing Roberts with Dunk. Give the kid a break. Let him develop and mature. Then judge him once he's actually playing.

Dunk FFS...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think there's going to be a big clear out come the summer. Locadia, Ali J, Andone and possibly Izquierdo could all join him in exiting the club. That would provide (hopefully) 50m+ and a decent amount of freed up wages for Potter to play with.

£50m?

It’s quite possible that the days of our big spending might be over. Rumour has it we’ll be spending £0m on the following:

1. Best player in the Championship (at Leeds).
2. Champions League Forward (at Bruges)
3. Young promising Argentinian international midfielder from arguably the biggest club in the Southern Hemisphere (at Boca Jnrs).

And the progression of Connolly & Alzate has been brilliant. Plenty more U23s ready to take their chance.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
£50m?

It’s quite possible that the days of our big spending might be over. Rumour has it we’ll be spending £0m on the following:

3. Young promising Argentinian international midfielder from arguably the biggest club in the Southern Hemisphere (at Boca Jnrs).

And the progression of Connolly & Alzate has been brilliant. Plenty more U23s ready to take their chance.

Good post.....
Only, ‘plenty’ of U23s?
Not sure about that, we have good cover at GK, and apparently CB.
Think Archie Davies was ok, and I rate Cochrane though he disappointed the other night (played out of position though).

Perhaps two or three investments?
Suppose depends what division we’re in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could Roberts get his debutr v Spurs as Dunk on 4 yellows so will probably get another today and be banned and with Duffy injured it is a possibility or perhaps a reshuffle with Webster in the middle.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Could Roberts get his debutr v Spurs as Dunk on 4 yellows so will probably get another today and be banned and with Duffy injured it is a possibility or perhaps a reshuffle with Webster in the middle.
Is Burn fit?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good post.....
Only, ‘plenty’ of U23s?
Think Archie Davies was ok, and I rate Cochrane though he disappointed the other night (played out of position though).

Just to clarify good cover at GK if we bring our loaned out players back as neither of the two we have inspire confidence should Ryan be out. Longman looked good again last night v Spurs U23s. Unlike you I think that Baluta and Richards look promising if they could up their work rate.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Good post.....
Only, ‘plenty’ of U23s?

There will absolutely be recruitment next summer. Full backs and one more striker seem to be the most obvious vacancies. Then there will be a couple of random youngsters picked up from the middle of nowhere FC, in the hopes of being the next Mac allister or Tau (or potentially Arce or Ahannach...).

Archie Davies is one of the older lads in our U23s, didn’t get a loan and doesn’t seem to be close to the first team. Feel he’d probably be on his way to a League 1/2 side or so next summer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bernardo is injured and Bong was woeful on Wednesday night. I know you don't rate Burn, but seriously ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Opinions as I thought Bong was one of the successes on Wednesday. It is nothing against Burn but if Dunk gets another yellow today we then have to make a choice I suggested possibly Roberts for his league debut or move Webster but som ebody else suggested moving Burn to the middle which I hadnt considered, nothing against him at all and on reflection if Bong or Bernardo are available possibly the best option....If it is not today Dunk .gets his 5th yellow it wont be long and before Duffy is fit again.. Possibly Balogun will be fit by then so another option for GP..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just to clarify good cover at GK if we bring our loaned out players back as neither of the two we have inspire confidence should Ryan be out. Longman looked good again last night v Spurs U23s. Unlike you I think that Baluta and Richards look promising if they could up their work rate.
Not sure about Richards yet, but we've also got Gyokeres, Sanders, Ostigard, Mlakar and Molumbey out on loan and looking very close to PL ready. George Cox in the Eredivisie too, although he's less likely to return. Radulovic has looked promising too.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
£50m?

Yes, it looks good doesn't it?

But I'd be amazed if we didn't spend any money on players next summer. The money generated from player sales and the freed up wages can go towards a couple of key, game changing signings.

Even better the TV money doesn't have to be spent and can go towards the club making a very healthy profit.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes, it looks good doesn't it?

But I'd be amazed if we didn't spend any money on players next summer. The money generated from player sales and the freed up wages can go towards a couple of key, game changing signings.

Even better the TV money doesn't have to be spent and can go towards the club making a very healthy profit.
Agreed. Nonsense to think we won't be spending big again. We will carry on doing so until we become established in this league providing we stay up. Strikers cost money and we are massively short in this area. There are gaps all over the pitch that need strengthening.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Sorry I misread about this what it should have been was that Dunk has 3 out of our total 4 bookings this season not his 4th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here