Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you turned the heating OFF yet? [Spring 2023 edition]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not quite here yet, although just the 15 minutes yesteday as I was walking the dog in the pissing rain and wanted to return to a warm radiator.

It's not been on yet today, but the house is feeling a bit chilly as there was no sun to warm it up this afternoon, so I may treat the family to a 30-minute blast early evening.

But we're nearly there - we could be back to using less energy than the monthly direct debit once again, and start to build the buffer for next winter.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
No, thermostat permanently set to 18 degrees (I don't like cold) & it's still coming on.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Hasn't been on for over a week now, but just given it a quick half hour run, as it's got proper chilly here today.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
It’s not been on for a few weeks, but turned it right up in my office today…and therefore it feels too cold now at home. I’m going to put it on for a 30 mins sesh.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Still on twice a day, but only for an hour in the morning and two in the evening and, for the first time this winter different rooms, different temperature, made a big difference. It will go off soon :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I tried. Then it felt cold and miserable this afternoon so I weakened and stuck it on for a bit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I haven't had mine on for about a month.
Darlington, you say.

I have some good news for you. Chilblains are small, itchy swellings on the skin that occur as a reaction to cold temperatures. They most often affect the body's extremities, such as the toes, fingers, heels, ears and nose. Chilblains can be uncomfortable, but rarely cause any permanent damage.

RioGrandeGull

Jan 9, 2013
Isle of Wight
Came on last October and unless it’s warm outside, the heat has been on since then.
If it goes above 21C then the thermostat will cut out.
But it is a cold house due to construction issues….

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Haven't had it on once this winter at all - first time ever. The joys of triple glazing, loft and cavity wall insulation. Been very mild down in Shoreham.

The one upside to Global Warming.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Turned it off completely on the 21st March but had a one hour top up on Sunday as we had guests. No more lapses until November, Northern weather permitting ! Our direct debit is down to £120 per month with £178 credit as we really haven’t had it on a great deal all Winter. I reckon these will remain near enough the same for the next six months. Maybe it can come down further when prices adjusted downwards in October which looks very likely.

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Darlington, you say.

I have some good news for you. Chilblains are small, itchy swellings on the skin that occur as a reaction to cold temperatures. They most often affect the body's extremities, such as the toes, fingers, heels, ears and nose. Chilblains can be uncomfortable, but rarely cause any permanent damage.
Small, itchy swellings on my extremities are the least of my problems.
I dream of small, itchy swellings on my extremities.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes turned it off last week.
Guess what the BBC weather man said....
Temperatures might drop slightly :facepalm:
Now back to the tropics :wozza:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
These are typical January temperatures for the Sussex coast, of course it’s on.

6A0E2000-4906-4684-AF30-FB3FEA51502B.png

We were away last week, when some people inevitably exaggerated, in Express fashion, that summer was here. We came back to our home at 15c, it was made clear to me to get the heating back on :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here