Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you put the heating on yet? (2022/23 edition)

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Thankfully we have all this global warming and the temps are so hot this summer.
Oh, ignore that. Let’s look at temps where they are hot and ignore where they ain’t lol.
Not quite how it works but you crack on

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It was lovely today ffs 🤷‍♂️ anyone considering putting heating on at the moment seriously needs their head checking
Enjoy. Pissing down and a bit chilly here :( Fleece and long trousers, duvet back on bed…Send some sunshine north please :)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Thankfully we have all this global warming and the temps are so hot this summer.
Oh, ignore that. Let’s look at temps where they are hot and ignore where they ain’t lol.
Climate and weather are not the same thing.

Happy to help.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Enjoy. Pissing down and a bit chilly here :( Fleece and long trousers, duvet back on bed…Send some sunshine north please :)
Ah. Think we've been lucky down in the SE corner - esp on the coast. Showery (more so this week compared to any other this summer) but not that much rain really, and it's still felt like summer with plenty of sun despite not being as warm as usual

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Ah. Think we've been lucky down in the SE corner - esp on the coast. Showery (more so this week compared to any other this summer) but not that much rain really, and it's still felt like summer with plenty of sun despite not being as warm as usual
I've been gradually making my way from Darlo down to Bristol through the day, and haven't been anywhere that required a jumper so far (except one particular seat in a train carriage).

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022

How embarrassing for you. Lol.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Genuinely, being a wimp, I've had the car seat heater on. Very cozy, a warm back.

I can't remember the last time we had decent amounts of rain in July. Sometimes August disappears with an early break in summer and thunderstorms, but not full blown low pressure systems throughout July.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Genuinely, being a wimp, I've had the car seat heater on. Very cozy, a warm back.

I can't remember the last time we had decent amounts of rain in July. Sometimes August disappears with an early break in summer and thunderstorms, but not full blown low pressure systems throughout July.
I can't remember ever having such a prolonged spell of low pressure at this time of year!? It feels so unusual - especially down here. A meandering jet stream locking in low pressure for what seems like ages. We missed loads of the rain through much of july luckily, but since last Saturday (day after schools broke up!) we seem to be getting what the rest of the country has been getting all month

Don't feel it's been that bad here overall considering the low pressure but I'd bloody love a spell of high pressure soon... mad that it doesn't even seem to be on the horizon yet still! Apparently there is some hope though for a few weeks time(!)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can't remember ever having such a prolonged spell of low pressure at this time of year!? It feels so unusual - especially down here. A meandering jet stream locking in low pressure for what seems like ages. We missed loads of the rain through much of july luckily, but since last Saturday (day after schools broke up!) we seem to be getting what the rest of the country has been getting all month

Don't feel it's been that bad here overall considering the low pressure but I'd bloody love a spell of high pressure soon... mad that it doesn't even seem to be on the horizon yet still! Apparently there is some hope though for a few weeks time(!)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We know it happens, but normally one offs … the most famous 5 June 1944! Also the Fastnet Race disaster.

My memory our long term July average rainfall on south coast is 2”, but in many recent July’s zero. Not this July. I’ve a rain gauge, we’ve had decent rain, garden looking lush.

I think the jet stream’s been stuck over NW Europe for weeks on end. Giving us 20c and many cloudy days, Sicily 48c.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

🤦‍♂️

Sat in t shirt and shorts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here