Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you had the central heating on yet [2019 and 2020 editions]

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
No where near cold enough yet, and I've still got a stack of old tyres to get through.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Last night we caved

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Nope. Still wearing shorts and t shirt every day. It's not even cold

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Being a rare breed my missus is still holding out against putting the heating on. I wouldn't mind if she did, not because I'm cold but because having paid for a nice new boiler that's twice as efficient as the (very) old one it's going to take bloody ages to pay for itself when we use less than £10 of gas each month.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Slowly accepting it needs to go on, mainly because I have been working from home today! I've resisted until now though.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Nowhere near cold enough yet - January I suspect it might come on if the cold snap materializes. Last winter I didn't have it on at all as it was so mild. Saved a few quid in unnecessary bills.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
It went on at 4pm yesterday, not for me, but for Mrs Saladpack who came in from work at 5.30 to a warm house. She is a very "cold soul" whose Northern upbringing doesn't seem to have made her any more resistant to cold (in fact less so!) than a Southern softie like me! She was sure I wouldn't have switched it on, so I gained a few "Brownie Points".

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think this thread is full of bullshit. People wandering around in shorts & T-shirt In winter, central heating not going on for two years load of bollocks.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Had it on on Saturday evening but only because I had guests

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hoped to leave it off until November, but didn't quite make it - thermostat set to 18 though, so not exactly belting out heat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I shut the last window at the start of the week.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Yes, been on for over a month now. No point in being cold . Having said that, my heatings included in the rent ��

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Mine went on yesterday, my young daughter is in a small bedroom and it felt cold when I went in in the morning. I've put the thermostat in her room so it's only on until her room heats up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here