Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you had Covid?

Have you had Covid?

• Total voters

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Nope and surprised I haven't yet given the number of people I know that have had it. Regularly test for work and negative all the way so far.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I haven’t but I don’t understand how I haven’t, I haven’t been breaking rules all over the shop, but I haven’t been even the slightest bit cautious within the rules. Been to the pub whenever I could have, nightclubs, football, gigs, and not once, it just seems unfathomable.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No and I have no plans to get it thank you. I'm doing my bit for myself, my family and the wider community and staying at home and limiting my social contacts.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yes. Tested positive on Dec 31st last year.
Weird illness - didn’t suffer too badly and seemed to have one good day followed by one bad day for just under two weeks.
Bad cough and temperature, though mainly I just felt very very tired in the afternoons.
For several months after though, my notoriously incredible good recall memory was absolutely shot. It’s only just started getting better since late summer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
None my household have had it. But we have been very careful. I have had a low grade respiratory infection on and off for 6 years, though, a bugger in Winter, with pneumonia one year (one lung like a wet pillow), so I'm a tad vulnerable I suspect. Keeping my head down....

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not yet but 3 colds since July all negative on lateral flow tests . I still think working outside in the industry i'm in toughens your immune system up . I hope i never catch it but like Russian roulette you can't dodge the bullet forever ,i can't see life ever returning to pre covid .

True but it seems that vaccinations lower the severity. It's like a cold now.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
No - and so far I've not even felt the need for a test. Much of my work is either outdoors, or in my loft - and pub visits are few and far between.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not yet have been abroad, football etc but always cautious

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Yeah - got it right now. Double jabbed and I think that has helped as I’m feeling better after 2 days of flu like symptoms. No loss of smell or taste. Bit crap isolating before Christmas but my partner is due in February and she’s ok so thankful for that.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
All clear thus far.

Suprising really as until March this year I was popping immunosuppressant pills every day . .. . . Having said that, the reason was an auto immune thing . .maybe theres a reason . . . . I Have kept a few fragile geriatrics in check and they're still alive . . . . So fairly confident I have swerved it . . . I've avoided pretty much everything with the great unwashed . . . Which imo is the cause of spread . . . Football being the obvious one.

Cancelled more gigs than I've done the last 2 years, they were outdoor/well ventilated. not been to one for 2 years . . . Nor football since we gifted Palarse 3 points last Feb.

In my 50 years a small price to pay, I've not knowingly killed anyone. . . . . Yet.

Cadburys boost on Sunday.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Me and wifey had it in January. Hers lasted three weeks, then she woke up one morning and felt fine. I dragged it out for six weeks and took a further month after that before I regained energy.
It's horrid, wouldn't wish it on anyone.....well, there is a couple of people I want dead but I want them to bleed out slowly, not suffer covid.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Tested positive last month at a drop in test centre.

felt quite unwell but wasn’t that bad.

Cough, tiredness and loss of appetite.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Had it before there was really any easy to get testing a few days before first lockdown. Got triaged for hospital and given option of going in but was told it might be safer at home unless I got ambulance level bad. Took about 3 weeks to get out of bed. That then turned into 9 months of extreme fatigue, migraines, breathlessness, memory fog and a few other things and then as if by magic got rapidly better over a period of about 12 weeks and now, touch wood, as healthy as pre-covid.

What I found most geekily fascinating was the collection of symptoms that's now generally bundled as long covid was still being first recorded around the world and was pretty unknown. So for example I'd be in the respiratory unit (NHS are and were amazing in their care) and they'd give me advice like to exercise gently then 2 weeks later I'd get a call saying actually don't do that because there's evidence that might be bad. Then being given an inhaler and the doctor saying they had no idea if it'd work but they'd seen a few other people like me and knew which ones hadn't worked so to try it and let them know. And being given leaflets for managing chronic fatigue syndrome as that was the closest anyone had to useful info at that point. I remember almost sobbing the first time the media mentioned growing evidence of long term symptoms in people recovering from covid. My boss was always great but being able to send an article that referred to so much of what I'd been experiencing was such a relief. Before covid I ran regularly, one marathon a year and the weekend before I was ill I'd done a muddy 6 mile cross country, so it was a real shock to the system taking so long to recover.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here