Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you had Covid-19 ......Could you share your experience?

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Update on my colleague - he now is reporting to feeling 100% again. As a recap he had a throat like gargling glass and a blinding headache. so it lasted 4 days. His wife and kids who were trapped with him do not yet have any symptoms.

He is an ultra runner aged mid 30s so was fitter than most. He would love to return to work but will self isolate for 14 days minimum plus we don't want him back

So conclusions are:

1) its easy to beat of you are fit
2) hes a ****ing liar and had something else

ohhh - sounds like it should be a poll

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I'm holding out as long as i can for my trip to Croatia at the end of April, If i'm allowed to travel and enter. Split i will. That's providing my holiday insurance covers me as i buy a yearly one.

Currently anyone entering Croatia needs to isolate for 14 days we are booked for a week at the end of May and to be happy best I don't expect that will go ahead in fact I think my holiday in September is fairly unlikely to go ahead

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Currently anyone entering Croatia needs to isolate for 14 days we are booked for a week at the end of May and to be happy best I don't expect that will go ahead in fact I think my holiday in September is fairly unlikely to go ahead

May, no way.

September, don’t give up all hope.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Still no idea if it was CV or not, but here’s a (probably final) update:

Symptoms

12.03.20 - slight temperature

13.03.20 - woke up in night with chills, sweaty legs and wrists. Temperature and feeling dizzy.

14.03.20 - still a temperature and feeling a bit woozy, starting to get slight muscle aches, definite period of 2-3 hours where lung capacity felt less by 20% or so. Very fatigued - just wanted to sleep from 7pm onwards!

15.03.20 - slight temp but less woozy. Leg aches. Slight head ache. Very fatigued again.

16.03.20 - no temp. Leg aches. Slight head ache. Slightly less fatigued. Further leg aches overnight stopped me sleeping too well.

17.03.20 - still leg aches, not much else symptoms wise now. Temp fully down now.
Slight sniffles. Leg aches fading to a more dull ache as day goes on.

Evening - Slight dry cough and sore throat, mild. Glands up and feeling mild chills again.

18.03.20 - feel much better after first decent nights sleep (6 hours) in about a week. Diarrhoea this morning but nothing else. Leg aches fading - right calf still aching occasionally. Maybe a verrry mild temp/headache but otherwise getting closer to 100% again. Good sleep is vital.

Bit more of a headache and still fatigued later in day. Need more sleep.

19.03.20 - mild headaches. Nothing else.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My 4 yr old son got poorly very suddenly this afternoon. Temperature rocketed to 39 and has obviously triggered a 14 day isolation for the family. Hopefully he’ll be feeling better in a day or two.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I’ve self isolated for a week after returning home from a ski resort where it went off big time. I’ve 3 friends that have tested positive and based on mine and their symptoms, I may well have it. Being on the continent, they get tested. Being here- we were told to send our kid to school (we didn’t)

I’ve had a sore throat, 4 day migraine, muscle aches, fatigue - which I would have put down to any other illness as not consistent to be the “key symptoms”

But- everyone has lost their sense of taste and smell. As have I. And I mean totally lost it. Cannot smell anything. Had a spicy curry last night and couldn’t even taste it at all.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

May, no way.

September, don’t give up all hope.

I've got one booked for the end of July to Croatia. Reckon the chances are 80/20 against of it going ahead.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Update on my colleague - he now is reporting to feeling 100% again. As a recap he had a throat like gargling glass and a blinding headache. so it lasted 4 days. His wife and kids who were trapped with him do not yet have any symptoms.

He is an ultra runner aged mid 30s so was fitter than most. He would love to return to work but will self isolate for 14 days minimum plus we don't want him back

So conclusions are:

1) its easy to beat of you are fit
2) hes a ****ing liar and had something else

ohhh - sounds like it should be a poll

Actually doing an extreme amount of exercise reduces your immune system, although it would quite possibly help you if you get it.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Without being too graphic, I haven’t been off the loo all morning, 10 trips so far. Anyone experienced similar?

My mate is a confirmed case (in a country where they test widely, but he caught it over here). He had that in a major way on Day 1. Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s linked or that you have it, but thought it worth sharing.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
We're now in self-isolation. Lost my sense of taste and smell on Friday last week and hasn't yet returned. This morning I coughed up blood in my mucus, so Docs have prescribed antibiotics and 7 days isolation for me, plus 14 days for fam. Feel's like someone has run me over.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I mentioned earlier last week that a number of my colleagues had Covid symptoms. This is from one of them:

Coronavirus is just the same as flu... isn’t it?

Thirteen days ago I left work early because I was feeling a bit run-down and was getting hot and cold spells. This quickly turned into one of the worst fevers that I have ever experienced.

I would regularly get temperature spikes up to 40 degrees and then have terrible cold spells. I also had a constant cough which would keep me awake at night. This continued for 7 days during which I self isolated at home with help from my wife Laura.

I called the 111 coronavirus line after 7 days to ask for advice because I didn’t appear to be getting better. They told me to keep isolating for another 7 days.

After 9 days things weren’t going well. I’d lost my appetite, had chest pains, and was getting nose bleeds in the morning. We called regular 111 and after a few hours and a couple call-backs they asked Laura to take me to A&E at East Surrey hospital.

In A&E they did a whole suit of tests (blood tests, chest X-rays, ECG, etc). I was then told that I had a lung infection and would need to be admitted to hospital. However not before first confirming my blood oxygen level by taking arterial blood from my wrist. Don’t ever let anyone do this to you, ever. It’s horrifying, took them 10 attempts and left me crying like a child.

So here I am today, five days on a respiratory ward with Pneumonia. I am on oxygen and get IV doses of penicillin a few times a day. I’m glad to say that the infection appears to be clearing up and I hope to be off the oxygen in a day or two. Fingers crossed I’ll be able to go home in a few days.

The NHS staff have been incredible. The extra precautions they have to take with anyone suspected of COVID-19 clearly makes everything twice as difficult. Yet they persevere.

The fact that they are putting themselves at risk treating those infected every day is quite humbling.

However no matter how hard they work I can see how easily the system could become overwhelmed.

I implore you to follow the advice of social distancing and self-isolation to try and control the spread of this virus. It’s a tiny sacrifice to make and really doesn’t require any effort.

If you think it won’t affect you well neither did I. I’m 36, healthy, and have no pre-existing medical conditions. Yet here I am going through one of the craziest times of my life.

Please look after yourselves, your friends, and neighbours (all from a distance!). This won’t last forever and I look forward to seeing you all back in the office as soon as possible.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I occasionally work as part of a group of about 60 people, the vast majority of whom live in the Chelsea/Ken area.

Can't remember how we got on to it, but during the course of some Group Bantz™ a fortnight ago, someone mentioned they had lost the ability to taste and smell. It transpired that almost all of the Londoners had experienced that recently. Some reckoned they briefly had it more than a month ago...

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I mentioned earlier last week that a number of my colleagues had Covid symptoms. This is from one of them:

Coronavirus is just the same as flu... isn’t it?

Thirteen days ago I left work early because I was feeling a bit run-down and was getting hot and cold spells. This quickly turned into one of the worst fevers that I have ever experienced.

I would regularly get temperature spikes up to 40 degrees and then have terrible cold spells. I also had a constant cough which would keep me awake at night. This continued for 7 days during which I self isolated at home with help from my wife Laura.

I called the 111 coronavirus line after 7 days to ask for advice because I didn’t appear to be getting better. They told me to keep isolating for another 7 days.

After 9 days things weren’t going well. I’d lost my appetite, had chest pains, and was getting nose bleeds in the morning. We called regular 111 and after a few hours and a couple call-backs they asked Laura to take me to A&E at East Surrey hospital.

In A&E they did a whole suit of tests (blood tests, chest X-rays, ECG, etc). I was then told that I had a lung infection and would need to be admitted to hospital. However not before first confirming my blood oxygen level by taking arterial blood from my wrist. Don’t ever let anyone do this to you, ever. It’s horrifying, took them 10 attempts and left me crying like a child.

So here I am today, five days on a respiratory ward with Pneumonia. I am on oxygen and get IV doses of penicillin a few times a day. I’m glad to say that the infection appears to be clearing up and I hope to be off the oxygen in a day or two. Fingers crossed I’ll be able to go home in a few days.

The NHS staff have been incredible. The extra precautions they have to take with anyone suspected of COVID-19 clearly makes everything twice as difficult. Yet they persevere.

The fact that they are putting themselves at risk treating those infected every day is quite humbling.

However no matter how hard they work I can see how easily the system could become overwhelmed.

I implore you to follow the advice of social distancing and self-isolation to try and control the spread of this virus. It’s a tiny sacrifice to make and really doesn’t require any effort.

If you think it won’t affect you well neither did I. I’m 36, healthy, and have no pre-existing medical conditions. Yet here I am going through one of the craziest times of my life.

Please look after yourselves, your friends, and neighbours (all from a distance!). This won’t last forever and I look forward to seeing you all back in the office as soon as possible.

Get well soon

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Have kept a timeline of how I’ve been feeling so far;

Monday and Tuesday - felt very tired, no energy. Small coughdeveloped Tuesday.

Wednesday - no cough, still weary. High fever in night,

Thursday - temperature bit back to normal, slept most of day.

Friday - Felt almost back to normal

Saturday - Tickly cough returned

Am pretty anxious today that a tickly cough has come back today and more severe symptoms are on the way. Just trying to take a day at a time.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Am pretty anxious today that a tickly cough has come back today and more severe symptoms are on the way. Just trying to take a day at a time.

This Twitter feed is back on March 17 but the consultant indicates: "If it is going to be bad it is around day 9 or 10 and the breathlessness gets rapidly worse at that point"

https://twitter.com/connolly_joanna/status/1239819880175677441

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Good chance I’ve got it. Been very fatigued, aching and dizzy for two days but without temperature. Temp has now hit 38.5 and a big headache kicked in.

Meanwhile 10 year old son had a temp of 39 and vomited Thursday but was completely ok by yesterday.

Very frustrating no way to find out.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I have had symptoms and been self-isolating for a couple of weeks now. I had a couple of days with a temperature (it was not that bad) and a terrible headache. I felt a bit bunged up and 'coldy' initially. But the worst aspect was the cough. It suddenly appeared even before other symptoms, I spent a day at work feeling embarrassed as on occasions I could not stop and I felt self-conscious as people were suspicious of the possibility of coronavirus. I have felt breathless at times but nothing too alarming. I am very sore across my chest and it hurts inside. I feel completely washed out.

I spoke to the doctor on Friday, he said the cough could last a few more weeks but that it was no longer infectious. Although, without testing, there is no way to definitely know, he thought it not unlikely that I had had coronavirus. I think the cough returning is not particularly worrying, mine has had one or two quieter days where I thought 'great it's clearing up' but it has usually returned at some point later in the day and reminded me what an unpleasant little git it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here