Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you had Covid-19 ......Could you share your experience?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Blimey, all the best.

I've been wondering if there's also another bug doing the rounds that can give you shortness of breath or constant coughing. I've had a cough on and off for over three weeks and it will not shift. I had a couple of days where I thought it was gone and another couple of days where I've barely slept and missed a couple of breaths. Because it's inconsistent and I've not had a temperature I don't need hospital or a test but I normally run marathons and have a resting heart rate of around 50 so I shift these things pretty quickly. This one is getting worse if anything so getting slightly worried. Kids both had a similar cough after lockdown and recovered within a week.

EDIT - should say I've not had any sort of temperature and am eating like a horse, hence the question about another bug

I think there must be loads of bugs doing the rounds.
I have had a sore throat and chestiness on and off since before Christmas, but no emperature, and whilst the symptoms may disappear for a few days, they return, especially the throat and feeling of slight debilitation. Went to the docs back in late January, oxygen levels ok, chest clear so there wasn't a lot to be done.
Still have the throat today. Had pneumonia last year and narrowly avoided going to hospital so am a bit concerned that if I got this wretched thing, I may be in for a rough time.
I don't think I have had it and certainly my wife and 2 offspring currently at home have not suffered at all.
Anyway, good luck and I hope all turns out well for you.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think there must be loads of bugs doing the rounds.
I have had a sore throat and chestiness on and off since before Christmas, but no emperature, and whilst the symptoms may disappear for a few days, they return, especially the throat and feeling of slight debilitation. Went to the docs back in late January, oxygen levels ok, chest clear so there wasn't a lot to be done.
Still have the throat today. Had pneumonia last year and narrowly avoided going to hospital so am a bit concerned that if I got this wretched thing, I may be in for a rough time.
I don't think I have had it and certainly my wife and 2 offspring currently at home have not suffered at all.
Anyway, good luck and I hope all turns out well for you.

Thank you genuinely, a very kind post.

As an update I did the 111 online this morning. I was called back almost immediately and went through the last few weeks including my family history.

Everyone in my house has had the same symptoms but the kids and wife recovered quickly, it's just me, male, late 40s, ex smoker who has got any worse. The Dr who phoned me back therefore thought it was "likely" we'd all had Covid, but it was too late for a test to show anything. It had been mild in all of us and she says that's normally gone in a couple of weeks. As I have got worse she thinks it may have turned into a bacterial chest infection.

Net result is that I need to call my GP tomorrow morning and try and get an online consultation. She thought the likely result of that would either be hospital for a chest x-ray but not admission or anti-biotics. They don't think I'm in danger and in fact, because I wear a running HRM, was able to confirm that my "sick" resting heart rate is lower than many people's normal one. Thank God I was training for three marathons this year!

I hope you too get sorted out asap. It's so hard to know what to do when you can't just go to the GP and there's a lot of worrying shite in the media. Stay safe.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Thank you genuinely, a very kind post.

As an update I did the 111 online this morning. I was called back almost immediately and went through the last few weeks including my family history.

Everyone in my house has had the same symptoms but the kids and wife recovered quickly, it's just me, male, late 40s, ex smoker who has got any worse. The Dr who phoned me back therefore thought it was "likely" we'd all had Covid, but it was too late for a test to show anything. It had been mild in all of us and she says that's normally gone in a couple of weeks. As I have got worse she thinks it may have turned into a bacterial chest infection.

Net result is that I need to call my GP tomorrow morning and try and get an online consultation. She thought the likely result of that would either be hospital for a chest x-ray but not admission or anti-biotics. They don't think I'm in danger and in fact, because I wear a running HRM, was able to confirm that my "sick" resting heart rate is lower than many people's normal one. Thank God I was training for three marathons this year!

I hope you too get sorted out asap. It's so hard to know what to do when you can't just go to the GP and there's a lot of worrying shite in the media. Stay safe.

Best wishes to you
Yesterday was a scary day
The chest X-ray for me showed nothing along with them listening to my breathing as well and yet got chest pains
Also think I’ve had it or got it also didn’t test me go home rest if u get any worse it’s 999 not 111 and explain what I’ve already been through. Sitting around and suffering with anxiety not helping me but best wishes to u and family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Best wishes to you
Yesterday was a scary day
The chest X-ray for me showed nothing along with them listening to my breathing as well and yet got chest pains
Also think I’ve had it or got it also didn’t test me go home rest if u get any worse it’s 999 not 111 and explain what I’ve already been through. Sitting around and suffering with anxiety not helping me but best wishes to u and family

Same to you mate, recover quickly and stay safe.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I first had C19 about 5 weeks ago, I had a very bad cough and I work for the AS so my station manager sent me home for seven days.
Those seven days were spent in bed, with chronic cold symptoms but worse was the acute muscles pain in my hands, elbows and shoulders. Plus no energy to do anything, I also woke up at night panting (Due to illness ).....
After seven days I returned to work, feeling the same as before, in my opinion 7 days was simply not enough.
Ive been working for the last four weeks with C19 patients still with a cough although not as severe and untested.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
It does make you wonder. Start of December I had a terrible cough, a couple weeks later blood started appearing, I thought it would just go away. But one morning I was in the shower and coughed up a chunky hand full of blood so decided it needed checking out. Doc sent me for an emergency Xray but it all came back normal.
Mrs got very sick just after Xmas and my Son had a raging temperature for two days at start of Jan.
It's unlikely that I've had it, but it makes you think, certainly

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
It does make you wonder. Start of December I had a terrible cough, a couple weeks later blood started appearing, I thought it would just go away. But one morning I was in the shower and coughed up a chunky hand full of blood so decided it needed checking out. Doc sent me for an emergency Xray but it all came back normal.
Mrs got very sick just after Xmas and my Son had a raging temperature for two days at start of Jan.
It's unlikely that I've had it, but it makes you think, certainly

Chances are you have had it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chances are you have had it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Again I was flu like just after xmas day lasted until Jan 5th fortunately I was off work using last few holiday days anyway otherwise for a few days I would not of got to work. It felt just like flu like symptoms not flu as been told flu would normally make you bedridden, I was aching but not bedridden. My cough was at times bad but wasn't necessarily a total dry cough. Did I have covid then? I doubt it but like anything else it affects different people in different ways. My own belief is it wasn't.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
My mother-in-law died of covid-19 today. She was an elderly lady with underlying health problems. The irony is that she went into hospital for unrelated reasons, but was infected in there. Although my wife said to the nurses that she sounded really breathless, they sent her home to be assessed. She was unable to get in or out of bed, so they sent her to a cottage rehab hospital where she was diagnosed and died. She was in a ward with five other ladies.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My mother-in-law died of covid-19 today. She was an elderly lady with underlying health problems. The irony is that she went into hospital for unrelated reasons, but was infected in there. Although my wife said to the nurses that she sounded really breathless, they sent her home to be assessed. She was unable to get in or out of bed, so they sent her to a cottage rehab hospital where she was diagnosed and died. She was in a ward with five other ladies.

Sincere sympathies for your and your family's loss.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

That's awful. Hope you and your family are okay.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA

So sorry to hear this, condolences to you and the family, what an awful time

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

So sorry for your loss, deepest condolences and best wishes to all your family.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

I am so sorry for your loss it’s just not fair try to b strong and best wishes
For me it’s day 8 still have chest pains headache and temp but roughing it out on sofa suffering with anxiety do t help your mind playing tricks all the time

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Just did an antibody test at my GP surgery - had a video call appt earlier and he assured me it wasn't taking capacity from someone more in need and was quite a simple blood test so went along and did it. One week for results.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just did an antibody test at my GP surgery - had a video call appt earlier and he assured me it wasn't taking capacity from someone more in need and was quite a simple blood test so went along and did it. One week for results.

An antibody test? How do you get one of those then?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am so sorry for your loss it’s just not fair try to b strong and best wishes
For me it’s day 8 still have chest pains headache and temp but roughing it out on sofa suffering with anxiety do t help your mind playing tricks all the time

Get well soon mate!

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
An antibody test? How do you get one of those then?

I'm in Los Angeles and no idea! GP called me as I had a virus through Feb/early Mar and told me to come in for one so I did... imagine supply is different all over but would be nice if this is a sign that it's getting easier. I checked 3 times that I wouldn't be taking a test for someone that needs it more and was assured it was no issue there. It was a normal blood test that they send out so he said in theory anyone can draw the blood

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Just got back from a testing site in Guildford 48hours /5 days for results at least I’ll know wife tested at same time

Just got text from NHS ... test results are Negative.. phew god knows what I had but in the clear thank god awaiting wife’s results

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here