Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever...

Have you ever called a Chinaman a 'chink'?

• Yes, I have.

Votes: 140 63.1%
  • No, I have not.

Votes: 82 36.9%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is anyone aware that the French call us island monkeys and the Germans call us roast beefs, many arab speaking people call us infidels. Does this offend anyone?
I've known a few French and German people in my time, and none of them have called me those names, probably because they know it's offensive. If I lived over there for many years and wanted to fit into what I felt was my home, I imagine I'd like to be treated like everyone else, not called a name by people that didn't know me because of where I was from. That's all milder that the thread title, as the majority of French and Germans are the same race as me.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Yes, and I still go for a "Chinky" when getting a Chinese meal.

I had no idea the term was now classed as racist.
I don't think it's racist full on but a bit passé. I'd be very wary of using it. It would give the impression I'm behind the times and obviously would not impress any Chinese people.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's all milder that the thread title, as the majority of French and Germans are the same race as me.

The French, apart from those descended from Vikings and Franks, are descended from the Gauls, that's a Celtic race, as an Anglo-Saxon I'll give you the Germans though!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The French, apart from those descended from Vikings and Franks, are descended from the Gauls, that's a Celtic race, as an Anglo-Saxon I'll give you the Germans though!
Anglo-Saxons and Gauls are descended from the same white people.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Agree with every word,I mentioned to a mate how Chink or Chinky can be racist its no different to the local Packi store owner, its nothing more than shortening the full description which is a bit of a mouthful,what next is
the term assuie for an Australian to be banned??????????????????????

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
In reference to going for a chinky or even in say describing something thats been on the news e.g What are those chinks up to now in the same way i'd use say Aussies or Argies or Krauts. I suppose it equivalent to saying Paki or ****** which i have to admit i wouldn't use. Is it the world of political correctness gone mad? I also note it only gets deemed as racist when it's a race with a different skin colour e.g Paki ****** you don't get a bollocking for using Yankee, Aussie, Frog etc.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
its nothing more than shortening the full description
Yes it is more than that. People say terms like chink and paki as insults.

I also note it only gets deemed as racist when it's a race with a different skin colour e.g Paki ****** you don't get a bollocking for using Yankee, Aussie, Frog etc.
People are naturally more offended when it's their race that's being attacked, rather than just where they are from (by people of the same race).

Camicus

Aussie and Yanks call themselves that as well. Ever heard of a Asian calling themselves a Chink? No didn't think so. Would you call an Asian a Chink to their face? Once more I doubt it. Chink has been used as a insult since the 19th centery and more recently in the Korean and Vietnam wars would you really equate a name used as a racial slur in wars and for centries as a bit of banter? Its not the same thing and people continued defence of it makes me really sad for them.

Camicus

Once more people have never been killed for being a pom. Our lives have never counted for less because we are Poms where as they have if you are a Chinese.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Limey,Pom,Honkey,Bender (because I come from Brighton),Pikey (because I come from Whitehawk),fatty,baldy.......... have been called all of these.
I couldn't really give a flying one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here