Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever...

Have you ever called a Chinaman a 'chink'?

• Yes, I have.

Votes: 140 63.1%
  • No, I have not.

Votes: 82 36.9%

• Total voters

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
It's all gone cuckoo, the Worlds gone daft.... What if the word to describe us pale people had been '******' would I have been any less happy than being called a 'Caucasian'? IMO it's a WORD, it's not derogatory, as would be to call someone ugly or a monkey is it ? I'm getting on a bit and concerned the world in many ways is going backward. How strange that I daren't even smile at a kid today in case someone thinks I'm a pervert.... oh well. ???

You old guard really are trying to hold on to your need to have names for anyone different aren't you? Its not a world gone daft, its just a world that has moved on to not being so negative about anyone that is different in any way. Its not that hard to understand how certain words have connotations to certain people.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Wow just wow! My son is half HK Chinese and if anyone called him Chink or any other "banter" type names I would punch their lights out simple as that. Oh sorry it wasn't ment to be offensive? Well you wont mind me calling you a pencil dicked micro brained know nothing racist then will you? Not being offensive its just what we call people.

Bet his other parent has called an Englishman a white ghost/devil though.

Camicus

1 Don't talk about my wife as the other parent there's a good chap. 2 Sue is probably the most decent person I know and to my knowledge has never used that term in fact that is the first time I have heard that term. 3 Even if she had to wrongs don't make a right.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
You old guard really are trying to hold on to your need to have names for anyone different aren't you? Its not a world gone daft, its just a world that has moved on to not being so negative about anyone that is different in any way. Its not that hard to understand how certain words have connotations to certain people.

ha ha ... The Old Guard, how cute. Should I pop into the Legion and collect a gong?
That said, as I fall short of being Civilly Obedient, and dare confess to occasionally using common sense, to overrule social and political correctness, there will be no such reward for me. However if you choose to mindlessly follow that's entirely your choice.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Have you ever laid your head down without a hand to hold? Have you ever made your bed out in the cold?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here