Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever owned the car of your dreams?

62E

Jul 12, 2012
62 E-Type. Now nearing completion... P7081409.jpg

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Yes I met my fist many years ago with a Lancia Flavia and changed my dream as life went on and also owned my 2nd dream (now on my 4th model).

Lucky I am not into submarines of they have might been wet dreams......

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
As a kid, I always wanted a Land Rover.

A few years ago I got a 2nd hand Defender90 for use at weekends for shooting and dog training.

Very quickly got tired of cramped and ridiculous seating position (I was only comfortable with the window open and my arm resting on the sill, ok I am a bit on the larger side mind), rattly and ill fitting doors and panels, dire heater, slow, thirsty and noisy. It was great offroad (not that I do anything extreme) and was an iconic vehicle, but got rid after a couple of years.

Now got a Isuzu D-Max twin cab. Loads more room, cheaper and much much more comfortable.Does all I need on and offroad.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I have owned the following three beauties - well not these exact cars, mine were crappy non working versions of them.

Sadly I have never had the money to maintain them once buying so they have fallen apart.

the wooden chassis in the Marcos rotted, the MGB was stripped to bare metal and repaired but couldnt afford the respray, the TVR just slowly died.

I now drive a modern SAAB Aero convertable with all the toys. Its the best car I have ever had for reliabilty, ease and practicallity, it is fast, chilled and lovely.

I'm too old to play those silly games anymore.

marcos.jpgMGBGT-Red1.jpgtvr.jpg

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Yes I have ,when I was 23 I bought a saab 9000 carlsson 230 bhp would rip a cosworth ,and 19 years later I still have her still puts the boy racers to shame ,my 89 model is the last on the road ,and I love her

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
saddest I've been to see a car go was when I sold my 1971 Capri Mk1 2.0lt GT go, how I wish I'd kept it now, black vinyl roof and all.
I've been a very lucky boy having some very nice cars over the years, Mercs, RR's, and BMW's included but it's funny how nothing has ever really matched the pleasure of that car.

Maybe it was because when I had it I was young 18 year old and had to really really scrimp and save, and do 3 jobs to get the money together to buy it ...?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
First Car Frogeye sprite........Have had various hot hatches,RS 2000,RSTurbo,Renault 5 Gordini Turbo,Peugot 205 1.9GTI......Best Driving Car Nissan 350Z bought for my 50th...Had to go though as couldn`t resist driving it much to fast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here