Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever owned the bike (motor) of your dreams?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
e6a3c210e8d0b5a4d2b13566e1dc1485.jpg

This is my bike and I love it.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Its funny, despite being a massive racing fan, I've always hankered for off road riding. I think as a kid hearing Steve McQueen say he could just ride out of his home into the US for hours of riding in the wilderness really appealed to me. The Dakar is pretty much my idea of a top holiday. I always loved Africa Twins and early Teneres.

Tenere-antiga.jpg

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Its funny, despite being a massive racing fan, I've always hankered for off road riding. I think as a kid hearing Steve McQueen say he could just ride out of his home into the US for hours of riding in the wilderness really appealed to me. The Dakar is pretty much my idea of a top holiday. I always loved Africa Twins and early Teneres.

I hear you

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Reckon I had over 50 different bikes in the 70's & 80's - at least 8 were track only racers - of which, my RG500 [ex John Newbold] and GSX-R 750 [ex Trevor Nation's factory bike] were my favoutites. Had too many road bikes to recall.

RG 500.jpg

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
I've got an 05 fireblade that I love to bits but it's not my favourite. That was my 03 blade which got a bit tired so it had to go.Newer and faster is not always better.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Honda CB125.........

No, not exactly a dream bike. Meant to upgrade after passing my full test (on a Kawasaki 650, which was lovely) but other circumstances prevailed and I can't see myself going back to two wheels now.

Still, the little Honda was fun while it lasted. 70 mph really felt quite fast on that!!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Yes but it had to go as I was unemployed at the time....

Gus Kuhn 750 Norton Commando Café Racer, you have never seen so much polished alloy.

Proper motorcycles are black and silver!

Hence my current CBR600F2......

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
e6a3c210e8d0b5a4d2b13566e1dc1485.jpg

This is my bike and I love it.
I used to have one of these, good commuting service for a few years, but suffered from chrome pitting and an under powered 800cc unit...... IMHO.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Haven't found my dream bike yet as I have only had about 30 of them so far, but one springs to mind due to the age thing and the lifestyle I had at the time. I was a young sailor training at Dryad in 1981 when I popped into Cosham motorcycles as I had money to burn!
Not seeing anything that took my fancy I was just leaving when I saw a wheel, the rest of the bike was covered in a green sheet. I walked over to it and saw the black, red and gold front mudguard and the curvy black mag wheels. I took off the cover and discovered the RD250LC " Elsie".
The guy came over and told me it was the first "Mars bar" coloured LC in the UK and it was £1200. I had fallen in love and by the end of the day she was mine. Not sure if she was the first, but she was amazing. I had had a KH250, but this was something else.
Had Harly's, Triumphs, Dukes and A Guzzi but the feeling I got from lifting that cover until now has never been equaled, on two wheels of course!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Only ever had moped type things back when I was in the RAF in the 80's

First was one of these - Honda 50 step thru. Driving along the A15 from Sleaford to Lincoln one day, a huge juggernaut passed me on the other side of the road, and the backdraft from it simply blew me over into the ditch :lolol:

View attachment 62851

Just saw this. I bought a second hand one before I passed my test and drove it all over, as well as from Littlehampton to Holyhead
to the isle of man in 1977, thought it was a moped! Whilst camping out I was told that it was in fact illegal as it wasn't a moped because it didn't have pedals! After the two weeks it took me ages to get back as I was paranoid about being nicked lol!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here