Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever been back to the Goldstone?

Which best sums up your current Goldstone behaviour?

• I continue to avoid the site & boycott those shops.

Votes: 37 38.5%
  • I avoid the site but do not boycott any shops.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I have visited the site but still boycott the shops.

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • The Goldstone Retail Park? It's a fun day out for all the family!

Votes: 33 34.4%

• Total voters

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I've been there many times. Football is important to me but doesn't rule my life, however, Toy 'R' Us has everything my boys need and they do rule my life ..... sad but true!

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
I went to the Burger King once after a rugby match at Hove, couldn't bring myself to spend any money there so I didn't even get a drink. Promptly got awful cramp about halfway back to Eastbourne. Principles can be painful.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
The GRP website lists Comet, Toys R Us, DFS, JJB Sports and Burger King as current tenants but I have only been boycotting the two I heard about back in the 90s, namely Toys R Us & DFS (& reminding everyone I know!)

So now pondering the complicated ethical minefield of past & new tenants ... what level of Goldstone sacrilege merits a boycott? Hmmmm, luckily I don't generally frequent any of those, but a bit concerned I might have bought a TV aerial online from Comet circa 2010 ... [frantically checks browsing history, praying it was Maplins]

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
The GRP website lists Comet, Toys R Us, DFS, JJB Sports and Burger King as current tenants but I have only been boycotting the two I heard about back in the 90s, namely Toys R Us & DFS (& reminding everyone I know!)

So now pondering the complicated ethical minefield of past & new tenants ... what level of Goldstone sacrilege merits a boycott? Hmmmm, luckily I don't generally frequent any of those, but a bit concerned I might have bought a TV aerial online from Comet circa 2010 ... [frantically checks browsing history, praying it was Maplins]

I have no problem with spending money at the business's in question online or elsewhere. I just will not enter that retail park, whoever is there, and spend my money. It's my money and my choice as to where I spend it!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Avoiding is easy as I live 25 miles away. Once, when in the area, family wanted Burger King so had no option but I insisted on showing my Daughter (who is now a ST holder with me) where the old centre spot was. So long ago though I forget now what commemorated the hallowed spot, is it a painted circle and if so is it still there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here