Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever been back to the Goldstone?

Which best sums up your current Goldstone behaviour?

• I continue to avoid the site & boycott those shops.

Votes: 37 38.5%
  • I avoid the site but do not boycott any shops.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I have visited the site but still boycott the shops.

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • The Goldstone Retail Park? It's a fun day out for all the family!

Votes: 33 34.4%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Been past a couple of times during the Hove Park parkrun but not set foot on it. I don't actively boycott any of the stores. I do like a Burger King though.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Easy enough to avoid these days, now I live in Dubai, but even so have never been past since I walked away from the Doncaster game. Which took a good decade or more of deliberate avoidance tactics.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
pet shop,toys r us and tkmaxx:thumbsup:

Never been back & never will.

From Wiki:

:tosser:David Bellotti :tosser: returned to local government, regaining a seat on the council. He then became CEO of Brighton & Hove Albion, a position in which he controversially took part in the sale of the club's stadium after their articles of association had been changed, allowing for profit to be made on the sale of the Goldstone Ground. This change was however reversed on the insistence of the Football Association, preventing directors from taking out more than they had invested. Bellotti became reviled by Brighton fans and left the area shortly afterwards.[SUP][/SUP]

Good enough reason for me.

D

Deleted User X18H

Living about a mile away it's impossible to avoid. Not that much though . The wife sent me down to BK when she was pregnant .

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Drove past last week for the first time as thought i cant keep this up forever taking detours. However i will never step foot inside the retail park!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have been in the shops, DFS, Comet and Toys' R Us. I'm a realist, we couldn't develop the site and would leave anyway. The manner in which we left was far from ideal and we were sold short on the selling price. However, that doesn't detract on the fact we had to leave. That said, I still need furniture, toys for christmas and, if the price was right, electrical equipment!!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I always said I'd never set foot in the place until we had a new ground. But even now I just can't.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
As a self confessed JCL, I quite merrily shopped there until I read build a bonfire. Now I won't go near the place, and will refuse to do so ever again. Which is probably a bit pathetic of me, because I'm not as connected to the clubs history as others, but the idea of spending money in shops that had perpetuated the situation the club I have come to love was in, just turns my stomach I'm afraid. Shame, because I'm partial to a Burger King lol

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
As a self confessed JCL, I quite merrily shopped there until I read build a bonfire. Now I won't go near the place, and will refuse to do so ever again. Which is probably a bit pathetic of me, because I'm not as connected to the clubs history as others, but the idea of spending money in shops that had perpetuated the situation the club I have come to love was in, just turns my stomach I'm afraid. Shame, because I'm partial to a Burger King lol

I like your retrospective diehard convert attitude! Not pathetic, but admirable IMHO.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was in tkmax on Saturday afternoon. That is a really wierd shop. I was told it did golf clothing at cheap prices and they had Ralph Loren polo and formal shirts in there labelled at £100+ but for around £40! I assume all of their stuff is end of line? It is not fakes! My wife wants one of the designer bags too.

To answer you question though, I am with Drew. What is gone is gone and I use the place if I need to. And lok what we have replaced our spiritual home with...a brand spanking new sparkly rocking loud noisy American Express sponsored stadium and.......

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ran past it just yesterday morning (as I often do), and I must've driven along that part of the OSR hundreds of times since the Seagulls flew the nest – or were evicted by an angry group of magpies, whichever way you want to look at it.

I've been into the shops a good few times, but pretty much avoid them now. Nothing to do with sentimentality, or proving a point, more that they are filled with utter shite :thumbsup:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Once, about 3 years ago, we got the bloke in the sport shop at the front to pump up my sons Aussie Rules ball before we had a kick about in Hove Park. At the time we were still playing at Withdean, which I took my then 7 year old Aussie son to, all the way form Southend, in the rain, to watch Rochdale!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Once, by mistake. Friend got lost driving to her brother's new house and had to turn around. Never even went to the Goldstone when it was ours (I was only 10 when it was knocked down and wasn't a football fan then), but it still felt weird.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Been past loads of times, but I've stepped foot on the site just once when I went back on the 10th anniversary of the Goldstone's closure in 2007.

To this day, I have no idea what I was thinking. The walk from Hove Station, along Newtown Road and up Goldstone Lane was actually quite sad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here