Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you done the ice bucket yet?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought the idea what that you had to be nominated by someone that had both done it, and been nominated by someone that had done it, etc. It hasn't gone from the original, all the way down to you lot already has it?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Any truth in the rumour that you are doing the KFC bargain bucket challenge instead of ice? :whistle:
If I did that KFC would go out of business !! :thumbsup:

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I was nominated and completed it yesterday, with loads of ice - damn it was cold.

My friends dad died this year of Motor Neuron Disease so its a great initiative to raise awareness and for those participating to have some fun doing so. Well done to all who have completed it and those about too. Don't forget to do the little contribution thingy too :)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Nominated by [MENTION=4084]Statto[/MENTION] <thanks>

One bugbear I have is the amount raised (globally circa £15M/$15m cannot recall currency). To me this is a pitiful amount considering the number of high earning and influential people who have undertaken the challenge.
How many celebrities have said, 'watch this and if you enjoy it text xxx to xx to donate,' from all the videos I have seen they just say thanks for the nomination, say a few others and pour water over their head.
I know nothing more about the illness than I did before this all started.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

The whole point of the challenge is to raise money and awareness for Motor Neurone Disease. The charities he's mentioned in that clip are fantastic causes no question, but already well supported. I don't see why this man has taken it upon himself to do down people's efforts to promote one of the lesser known foundations. If he's made this video because he doesn't like the supposed 'look at me' attitude of some of the people who have made the effort, then why does he include the frankly pathetic "Deal with it" at the end?

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Each to their own and it is for charity(said with an American twang). Still find it cringeworthy though. Just seen Alex Sammon's attempt on Sky News :shootself

I'd pay a fortune to see someone drown Jocko the Hutt in a bucket!

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
What annoys me about it is it's supposed to raise awareness for a disease which doesn't receive much attention or funding, ALS/motor neurone disease. However, Macmillan seem to have tried to take over the whole thing. I've even seem adverts for "take the iced bucket challenge for Macmillan" by the charity.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Did mine yesterday after a 10 mile run so the cold water was a shock but very refreshing! Each to there own, do it and enjoy and have a laugh, dont moan at others doing it! I see that the quiet givers by DD are publicly announcing what great givers they are! What harm do things like this do? Shows how many miserable ****** frequent NSC!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here