Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you done the ice bucket yet?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Hiya Cheshire. I know you have been posting on this site for some time now, 8 years.

Do you actually support the Albion? You location is slightly confusing. I have never heard you comment on a match.

Edit: which is not a problem. Pretty Pink Das never has..
I thought my location was self explanatory - see also left.

It would be presumptuous of me to comment on games I haven't seen. The last game I saw was in 2008 against Crewe away (we were woeful). The last home game I saw was c1988. The first game I saw was c1974 (or possibly 1975 - I forget the exact year) v Hereford Utd. Does that make me a fan?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I can't see the problem with it. Gets people talking and raises awareness....i'd never heard of ALS.

Better £3 spent than the endless 'just giving' forms circulating the office to sponsor someone's walk around the local park.

That's because we know it as motor neurone disease in the UK. ALS is the american name for it, where it is also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
People slating it are even sadder. So bloody what? It's raising awareness and money. Yet that's deemed as bad? F*** off.

Give to charity as you wish. Live and let live but no, that's not good enough. I will moan about anyone daring to do anything that is different to me. Look at how much pretentious dignity I have.

Look at how quickly I scorn anything that does good albeit in a very modern way.

Yes, it's a bit of a bandwagon process, so what.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

It would be presumptuous of me to comment on games I haven't seen. The last game I saw was in 2008 against Crewe away (we were woeful). The last home game I saw was c1988. The first game I saw was c1974 (or possibly 1975 - I forget the exact year) v Hereford Utd. Does that make me a fan?

Your location is confusing, you haven't put your post code, street name and door number :D

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Each to their own and it is for charity(said with an American twang). Still find it cringeworthy though. Just seen Alex Sammon's attempt on Sky News :shootself

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This whole ice bucket thing is so unoriginal, don't people have any imagination?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I wasn't having a pop (hence my edit) I was just wondering if you were an Albion fan or just liked this board.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Exhibitionists having a bit of fun or fun police getting cross about people having a bit of fun..... What a choice!

Think I will go for the former.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
On top of the snidey cool people and their easy pokes at it, it must have raised a load of cash.

I have not even researched the figure but it's a truck load more than it would have been raised prior to it (as well as raising massive awareness about it) So to slag it off it pathetic.

It is however a god damn more than your pis*y little £3 DD that smoothes over your consciousness every month.

I would rather do it than moan about it like I am some kinda god like social commentator.

You want some hold over the masses via your dignified DD but happily slap it in the face of popular internet culture. How very two faced.

Last edited:

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I've just this evening been nominated. I don't see the point in me doing it though as I do much worse every time I go out... This kind of thing is an absolute sinch for me. I'll donate my tenner or so and not bother sitting there straight faced and bored whilst water is chucked over me.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I can't see the problem with it. Gets people talking and raises awareness....i'd never heard of ALS.

Better £3 spent than the endless 'just giving' forms circulating the office to sponsor someone's walk around the local park.

It's cool to to not be supportive of these things, didn't you get that memo?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here