Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you come across any of the team in 'real life' settings?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This thread is fascinating. Fully grown men wetting themselves , because they have spotted a Championship footballer going about his daily business in and around the town of the club he plays for.
It's enough to make you dig out your Argus log in.
Imagine living in Hove when Imran Khan played for Sussex and wanted to take your sister out!

Er...

I work with Michel Kuipers wife. Very nice lady .

And this coming from the bloke that NEVER missed an opportunity to slip in a "Gus told me" into one of his articles :ffsparr:

Me? I've seen:

Bobby in Riki-Tiks – I asked him if he was going to stay with us and he said yes. A few weeks later, he was gone.
Lua Lua in Nandos (like MANY others) – sat back-to-back with him on Jnr Bobkin's birthday. He was on a date (KLL, not my son)
Nooney down the Seafront – just after he'd signed
Virgo at my Niece's football match at Blatchington Mill School fields
Nathan and Sami running along the seafront by Brooklands
Tony Bloom at parkrun

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Er...

And this coming from the bloke that NEVER missed an opportunity to slip in a "Gus told me" into one of his articles :ffsparr:

Me? I've seen:

Bobby in Riki-Tiks – I asked him if he was going to stay with us and he said yes. A few weeks later, he was gone.
Lua Lua in Nandos (like MANY others) – sat back-to-back with him on Jnr Bobkin's birthday. He was on a date (KLL, not my son)
Nooney down the Seafront – just after he'd signed
Virgo at my Niece's football match at Blatchington Mill School fields
Nathan and Sami running along the seafront by Brooklands
Tony Bloom at parkrun

Hove Born&Bred suffering from split personality syndrome, or is he arguing with himself...?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Back on topic Ian Chapman once bought me a pint but only after we'd thoroughly confused him. We'd been playing Watford away in a mid week game and had won, a fairly novel occurrence at the time. We had a few tinnies on the train home and still had a couple left over when we got back to Brighton. Me and my mate decided to celebrate our win by going to The Event nightclub and smuggling in the cans we still had left to drink. This mission successfully achieved we went to a dark corner of the downstairs to drink them and who should walk past but Ian Chapman.

He saw the programme from the evening's game hanging from both our back pockets and, very decently, came over to say thanks for the support and ask if we'd like a beer for our efforts. We said that we would and he noted the cans in our hand and disappeared. Ten minutes later he came back to apologise to us as the bar seemed to not stock our preferred brand of beer.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here