Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you come across any of the team in 'real life' settings?

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
Glenn Murray a few years ago in the old habitat in town centre, all of the spanish contingent around hove, ankergren on the way back from the leicester game last year (4-1), and PIG in an estate agents in hove.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
As a wee nipper, Gavin Geddes (remember him?....no, right?) had a garden that backed on to ours. I think he was occasionally called upon to return lost plastic footballs.
Recently, lived right by Orlandi. Now live in the same road as Calde and right by Leo. See Calde at St Anne's most weekends. Couple of times with Andrea.
Had a chat with Oscar outside Cafe Nero on Church Road, the day after our demolition of Leicester.
[MENTION=3761]El Turi[/MENTION] has played against Adam El-Abd previously.
Annnnnnnnnnd FFS on a train from East Croydon. I took a few photos surreptitiously and started a thread on it. punk:

Yep and El-Abd was a beast but his football ability never seemed that impressive back then!

I saw Maheta Molango in Asda at the Marina few years back and Alex Revell in Newhaven Sainsburys.

I also had a long drunken chat with Paul Watson in the Honeyclub not long before he retired. He was a really nice bloke so I'm glad he's still involved with the club these days.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Is it that rare? I know it is now as it's impossible to combine the two sports, but in my watching lifetime alone I have seen four at least former Brighton players turn out for Sussex (Foreman, Suttle, Bates and Gatting) ... and there were certainly several more before I was born, notably Tommy Cook

I know someone who went to school with Solly March and said he was/is a much better at cricket than football, but chose football.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I have done quite well in recent years...off the top of my head:

Fraser and El-Abd in West Street on separate nights out
Dean Cox at Brighton station
Virgo in the Station at Preston Park
Murray on the sea front
Kuzczak and Garcia in Western Road, Hove (separate obviously, Garcia was with his wife, PIG with neither wife)
Hart and Mayo in the Cricketers
Ashley Barnes in the Orchards, Haywards Heath
Gordon Greer in Pizza Express Haywards Heath
Brezovan outside the Wagon and Horses
LuaLua in Nando's at the Marina

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Oh yeah Charlie Oatway in Liquid Lounge in Worthing when he was still playing. Proper slagged off Leon Knight big for ages

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
More recently I've been in Hove Tescos a THOUSAND times, in the hope of bumping into Calde. You get the impression on here that the chap basically LIVES in there, but NOTHING :down:

You should have tried Hove beach. When the weather was nice, him and Andrea were usually found sunning themselves (topless), when they weren't training, on a deckchair.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Most recently: Oscar, wearing a big black puffa jacket, walking his little dog down Grand Avenue towards the sea front on a dark night. He embraced the city that chap.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Saw PIG with his family at Faro airport just over a year ago. He'd had a few vodkas the night before from the smell.

About ten years ago sat next to Kenny Dalgleish on a plane from Alicante to Manchester. A scouse bloke sat down across the aisle from him and when he recognised him nearly had a fit. He never stopped talking to Dalgleish for two and a half hours. In fairness to Dalgleish he answered every question the bloke asked and was a proper gent with him.

Bumped into Jimmy Case quite a few years ago at the newsagents on Woodland Drive, Hove.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
None for years, as I moved away from Brighton 20 years ago.

In the past though:

Played Sunday league football with Maybank, Paul Flood and Sammy Nelson
Mark Ormerod was our lodger
Played squash with John Keeley, at Corals
Met Jimmy Case in Asda (in Chandlers Ford)
Paul Reid played for my cricket club

More recently I've been in Hove Tescos a THOUSAND times, in the hope of bumping into Calde. You get the impression on here that the chap basically LIVES in there, but NOTHING :down:

From this thread you can pretty much work out exactly where he lives, and stalk him that way.

D

Deleted User X18H

This thread is fascinating. Fully grown men wetting themselves , because they have spotted a Championship footballer going about his daily business in and around the town of the club he plays for.
It's enough to make you dig out your Argus log in.
Imagine living in Hove when Imran Khan played for Sussex and wanted to take your sister out!

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
This thread is fascinating. Fully grown men wetting themselves , because they have spotted a Championship footballer going about his daily business in and around the town of the club he plays for.
It's enough to make you dig out your Argus log in.
Imagine living in Hove when Imran Khan played for Sussex and wanted to take your sister out!

No-one is wetting themselves, and some of us are not men...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here