Have we got an unofficial official England v Russia thread?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I thought Kane looked to carry little or no threat today. Infact many a time we got down the wings only to cross the ball into a box populated by 5 Russian defenders alone.
Vardy should start on Thursday.
Sterling should be left back................ (in the changing room.)

Don't think Vardy would have fared any better, Sturridge is your man in a packed penalty box. burst of pace, great control and intricate skills coupled with class finishing.

Is he fit?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not his fault but come on, the guy has had 61 caps now. Please remind me of a positive contribution in all that mediocrity.

he is a solid and dependable player (mediocre if you like) in a mediocre team. You don't look to Milner to create, spark and flair in any team so i don't blame him for England's medicority. I blame both those that are supposed to offer the flair and the manager who is supposed to give them the freedom to play.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Can't be arsed to trawl through this thread to see if there's an answer to this question but what the **** was 'Arry ( he's one of our own ) ****ing Kane doing taking all the corners and free kicks when the application of a degree of logic suggests he should've been waiting somewhere in the middle waiting to attack said free kick or corner???

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Disappointing to see us run from the Russian fans. We're no good at anything now. Looks like we've got really dished up.

:lolol:

Assuming that was a joke, of course.

I mean, families with youngsters should stand and fight, yeah ?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Sterling = ****ing diabolical.

Milner = what is the point?

Hodgson = quality subs that cost us three points against a piss poor side. Another job well done.

#HodgsonOut

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Why is watching England just like watching Albion?
Do everything right, fail to get a second goal..get caught by a sucker goal!

Perfidious Albion indeed........

At least we (BHA) have got a decent manager. Hodgson went down a lot in my estimation last night. Second half we were fairly woeful, yet nothing changed until about 78 mins. We deserved what we got. A decent manager would lead this group of players to something meaningful. Unfortunately Hodgson is out of his depth.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
At least we (BHA) have got a decent manager. Hodgson went down a lot in my estimation last night. Second half we were fairly woeful, yet nothing changed until about 78 mins. We deserved what we got. A decent manager would lead this group of players to something meaningful. Unfortunately Hodgson is out of his depth.

How was last night the managers fault? We absolutely battered them and got caught out defensively.

What Rose was doing marking the first player is beyond me, stupid defending

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As in the previous game I do not understand the logic of having your main striker (Kane) taking all the corners and free kicks and believe he should be in the box to seek the 2nd ball if the first fails. Also I think he was wrong to bring on Milner to shut up shop as proved with him losing the ball I would have preferred that he brought on Stones and pushed Dier a litte further forward, mind I am biased as I wouldnt want Milner in the BHA team. Stones is a CB but a very good adaptable footballer on the ball. I wonder also whether Hart could have come for the punch out

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Kane isolated up front.

They changed things at half time and the game became much more even. The manager then needed to change it.

Far too defensive. To then go even more defensive for the last 5 mins was just asking for trouble.

We had 15 shots to there 6 - doesn't strike me as overly defensive

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just watched, as live, and as a Brighton fan I'm now curious about the rules of Association Football.

Is the whole point of the game now to control it, miss goals that would be easier to score, finally score only to then throw 3 points away?

:shrug:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The only thing more disappointing than conceding a last minute equaliser is coming on here and seeing so much negativity.

We played well, deserved to win but got caught by a sucker punch. We know we're not going to win the tournament so all we can ask for is a team that works hard, shows some pride and tries to play well. That's what we got last night.

(As a bonus the two best tournaments of my life time -1990 and 1996 - started with 1-1 draws.)

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Can't be arsed to trawl through this thread to see if there's an answer to this question but what the **** was 'Arry ( he's one of our own ) ****ing Kane doing taking all the corners and free kicks when the application of a degree of logic suggests he should've been waiting somewhere in the middle waiting to attack said free kick or corner???
Kane is a very consistent free kick taker. Every single one goes a yard over the bar, still rising. No idea why he's taking corners. Might as well let Cahill take them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports