Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have this feeling that all will not be well in summer.........

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
P
It's not that TB had no say, of course he did, but I think he was treading on egg shells so as not to upset Poyet and did his best to keep him happy - a process that obviously came to a head when enough was enough.

I think we can compete again in this league. The likes of Birmingham have turned woeful seasons around, and become competitive again very quickly without spending, as have SheffWeds, H'Field, Charlton. Totally reliant on us having a good summer. If we can nail a couple more Kayal's in a few other positions, I think we'll be in good shape - but that is easier said then done.

Chuck Ipswich into that group as well and look at them this season. Apparently Freddie Sears cost them about £100,000 when they signed him in January. It can be done without spending millions.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
P

Chuck Ipswich into that group as well and look at them this season. Apparently Freddie Sears cost them about £100,000 when they signed him in January. It can be done without spending millions.

Beram Kayal proves that

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That's 2 games then, I do agree. You could nearly argue Fulham away as well, in terms of graft and play.

In terms of Leicester (H) theseason before, I think it was a good performance in one half, which also happened against Bolton. We didn't batter them for 90 mins.
That home game against Leicester was an excellent performance. To put it into context, they didn't lose another game after that until they were promoted (with 5-6 games to go) and then played us again!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That home game against Leicester was an excellent performance. To put it into context, they didn't lose another game after that until they were promoted (with 5-6 games to go) and then played us again!

I remember Brez saving us early on and us getting stronger.

Didn't go to the 2nd, but wasn't the rumour that their players had been celebrating for 2 days?

Still, can only beat what is in front of you. Convincingly as well.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
If TB isn't aiming for PL football asap most of us would be shocked. He clearly wants success for The Albion-why else spend over 200M on the club? What TB needs to do now is to make sure that the football side of the club is given priority and is run by football people. Real priority instead of all of the phony sloganeering, 1 Club, 1 Ambition; PL Ready bullshit.

I agree that he now has to make the football side his priority. The new recruitment department has had 5 months to bed in now. This summer we will see if the new set up has worked otherwise it will be back to the drawing board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here