Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have the plastic fans taken over this club

Blue Goon

Sep 2, 2011
i'm not moaning just making an observation from what i've seen over the past two seasons and from talking to people i've met on my travels, anything wrong in that ?
Regards
dr

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
And you're telling me a load of JCLs didn't rock up for the Nuremberg Rally Reich!!! Old Rudolph Hitler went from spitting feathers to 63 people in a backstreet bierkeller to speaking in front of 10s of thousands who hadn't even heard of him before.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think the real plastic fans will only start supporting the club if we get promoted .
How will they do that when the ground is already sold out more or less with ST holders. Next season there will only be about 2k available to most games if we are in the prem, and they will be sold to those with a purchase history...... non story.

billy big molluscs

Feb 12, 2013
Brighton
I hate being at a full Amex, would much rather be getting soaked and beaten at Withdean with the other diehards :rolleyes:

Agree with this. What's with this obsession of quoting how many years you were a STH at the withdean over and over? Get over it. The increased support is great for the club no matter how many 'withdean years' a supporter has.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
In the days of being a Goldstone sardine, you had some bloke hurling abuse right in your lughole. In all seater stadia there is a personal space....that and the fact you've probably lost a bit of hearing over the years

Jan 30, 2008
and you're telling me a load of jcls didn't rock up for the nuremberg rally reich!!! Old rudolph hitler went from spitting feathers to 63 people in a backstreet beerkeller to speaking in front of 10s of thousands who hadn't even heard of him before.
and look what happened to him :facepalm:
regards
DR

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
I agree 100% with this thread. Had a Withdean season ticket in the season we stayed up on last day against Hartlepool, went home and away. I've got friends who wouldn't of dreamed of going to the Withdean, but now have season tickets at the Amex.

It's now 'cool' to support Brighton, whereas it wasn't 4/5 years ago. Obviously without these extra supporters we would have a half empty stadium and they bring in extra money so can't really complain..

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
This is a cracking read, but the timing of the thread is lousy.

Pull together for tonight.

LOUD

Jan 30, 2008
I agree 100% with this thread. Had a Withdean season ticket in the season we stayed up on last day against Hartlepool, went home and away. I've got friends who wouldn't of dreamed of going to the Withdean, but now have season tickets at the Amex.

It's now 'cool' to support Brighton, whereas it wasn't 4/5 years ago. Obviously without these extra supporters we would have a half empty stadium and they bring in extra money so can't really complain..
COMMON SENSE PREVAILS :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
seems to be a new breed appearing on the back of some success and the stadium , how longs it going to last, really do feel their only here for the ride, makes me sick at the sight of some of these types, you know there's no real commitment in them AND THEIR KILLING THE ATMOSPHERE,OVER REACTION ON MY PART .............................don't think so ???
regards
DR

"It makes me sick..." Get over yourself, would you?

Would you call my eight year old son 'plastic' because he only started going to the football since we've been at the Amex? Or could it possibly be that he's now of the age where he's old enough to appreciate it, and really enjoy it? Something he probably wouldn't have done during the Withdean years because of a) the surroundings b) his age.

We've got, what is it, 22,000 ST holders? Withdean and Gillingham didn't hold 22,000 people. Are you saying that these are all 'plastic'? "No commitment"? :facepalm:

FWIW, I find those that want to hark back to the "good old days" when "football was football" and "fans went toe to toe with each other" and all that crap, harder to stomach than those that has discovered the Albion and enjoy an afternoon at the football since the opening of the new stadium.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
In response to ppf - no, they haven't. It is merely that football is as far removed from what it used to be as it possibly could be. For some that's very welcome, for others less so. And some of us miss certain aspects of "old football" while enjoying some of the new. Times change.

Jan 30, 2008
This is a cracking read, but the timing of the thread is lousy.

Pull together for tonight.

LOUD
couldn't be bothered going tonight , didn't think i would ever say that about Palace away but that's how shit it's got
regards
DR

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

I'd say it was much cooler to support us 4/5 years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here