Have a read of this !!! Sounds familiar ??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And? That doesn't make it BETTER. I enjoyed Charlton, I probably would've enjoyed today. Much better than last year.
It's this point I know I should keep a record of the posters who are happy to lose, fortunately I can't be arsed.

I just can't see it holding when the reality of the bottom third and even, god forbid, a relegation battle sets in.

All of a sudden winning 1-0 with 70% possession and 2 shots, isn't going to look so bad.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
But we finished 6th ... that looks beyond us this season

Maybe beyond us this seasons but how many of us could have lived through another season of the tedium? There would of been many throwing themselves off the upper tier, me included.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's this point I know I should keep a record of the posters who are happy to lose, fortunately I can't be arsed.

I just can't see it holding when the reality of the bottom third and even, god forbid, a relegation battle sets in.

All of a sudden winning 1-0 with 70% possession and 2 shots, isn't going to look so bad.

And as ever it depends how you ask the question and record the statistic. I don't think anyone on here would want to lose every game. But I'd take two entertaining defeats and one entertaining win as a way to accumulate three points over three low scoring draws any day of the week.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And as ever it depends how you ask the question and record the statistic. I don't think anyone on here would want to lose every game. But I'd take two entertaining defeats and one entertaining win as a way to accumulate three points over three low scoring draws any day of the week.

This, this and this. Frustrating as they have been, really enjoyed today and the Charlton game as I was royally entertained, bit my nails, swore, sang, shouted and held my head in my hands in equal measure. Last season I mostly watched on with a degree of disinterest. Mid table and a rollercoaster ride of 5 goal thrillers will do me, thanks.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I don't care what anybody posts on here our supporters reaction at full time says every thing about the game that needs to be said. A million times better than when the final whistle went at St Andrews

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
There are still 40 games left of the season. I find it amazing people are saying we have thrown away hope of promotion. I would sooner be creating chances and it just not going in then not at all. The defence will sort it self out, it's not like we have an ex world class defender as a manager.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I saw many games last season, but contrary to the misguided consensus that that was "boring" or "dull" I loved it. Our 2nd most successful season for 30 years, keeping interest in the season right up to Game 46, those last few moments at Forest and avoiding defeat/nicking a 1-0 usually with a Ulloa header much better for me than some desire for "entertaining games" where we lose or struggle. Couldn't make it Brentford yesterday but felt miserable on the final whistle listening on the radio. Not cheered up in the slightest by the fact there were 5 goals and it was "entertaining". Far rather it was 1-0 or 0-0 and we'd scraped a point or three and we're starting to climb the table. I'd have a kick in my step and be whistling in the kitchen. Instead i'm a bit blue and can't bear to look at the table.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I saw many games last season, but contrary to the misguided consensus that that was "boring" or "dull" I loved it. Our 2nd most successful season for 30 years, keeping interest in the season right up to Game 46, those last few moments at Forest and avoiding defeat/nicking a 1-0 usually with a Ulloa header much better for me than some desire for "entertaining games" where we lose or struggle. Couldn't make it Brentford yesterday but felt miserable on the final whistle listening on the radio. Not cheered up in the slightest by the fact there were 5 goals and it was "entertaining". Far rather it was 1-0 or 0-0 and we'd scraped a point or three and we're starting to climb the table. I'd have a kick in my step and be whistling in the kitchen. Instead i'm a bit blue and can't bear to look at the table.
You forgot 'tedious'.

Remember last season was the most tedious on record, and fans would rather commit suicide than watch another string of victories that propel us to the play-off, with a hideously under strength injury prone squad.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
it might be but still early doors. Some of the performances last season were awful to watch. At least we have some attacking threat this season. If that means finishing mid table but being entertained rather than scrapping in the play offs and getting outplayed again over 2 legs then fair enough.

this

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Football is fun again.

I honestly could give a toss about reaching the PL, we've got a competitive team in this division playing exciting football. That's enough for me. Watford are welcome to the dullard Garcia.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A question for the 'excitement v wins' posse.

We are in the middle of a run of 6 league games, with a nice mix of contenders, promoted/relegated, and bottom feeder sides.

We're currently scoring 2 goals a game.

What if after those 6 games, ending with Cardiff we only have 4, 2 or even 1 point?

Although playing some great attacking football and still scoring 2 goals a game, the opposition keep carving us open.

Nothing will be different to now, other than we'd be in the worst slump of the Amex era, with the most exciting games ever seen.

What then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports