Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have a look at my programmes website

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
That's fabulous Hiney....only wish I could do that with my programmes....lack of paper does'nt help,I would need reams of the stuff,I have boxes of programmes home and away and as you know my oldest programme...now in it's 101st year....well done mate.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Will lots of people start decluttering themselves of their programmes now Hiney has digitised them?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
By the way, if anyone has any old programmes that they don't want, I'll make an offer.

I have an old one from last night.

Its ready to go in today's post. e-mail me your address - can't remember the house number...

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Just had a quick look and great to see some of those old programmes that I have bagged up in my loft!

My pooter is not the smartest and maybe that's why I can only see certain pages from each programme?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
No, because you can open up PDFs in Acrobat and then export them to a lower resolution.

True, but I doubt if there would normally be a single pdf of any resolution of the completed issue. If the production team could, as their final job after completing the last section of the programme, produce a low res pdf of the final ID document and send it to him that would save him loads of work.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Exciting to see that the scanning has reached the start of the 1977/78 season... :)

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
[MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] - apologies if posted before, but apart from the fact your new site is brilliant, it would be a good idea to have a separate page for the programmes you are missing. It would be easier then for people to identify which ones they have and would then be able to donate / sell to you?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
[MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] - apologies if posted before, but apart from the fact your new site is brilliant, it would be a good idea to have a separate page for the programmes you are missing. It would be easier then for people to identify which ones they have and would then be able to donate / sell to you?

:thumbsup:

In hand and this will hopefully be on the site soon.

Cheers

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Just looked at the programme for my first game and it's unbelievable that there is only 1 advertisment in the whole programme, and of course that a certain H. Bloom is listed as one of the Albion directors.

And apparantly the bloke in the dug out was Peter Taylor (the first).

All I can remember of the game were the roars for Fred Binney from the crowd. I have more vivid memories of my 2nd game though when we tonked the Posh with a bloke with a Peterbrough holdall sitting right behind me looking more and more grumpier with each goal conceded. No need for segregation for seated fans in those days.

The Bloom family have truely book-ended my Albion supporting career.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Any chance of a general wants/for sale section for users of the site?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here