Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hats off to the recruitment team!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Do you EVER say anything positive, or not sarcastic?

Not about anything Albion related no.

However he is always very positive about some things, even when they are contradictory, like Brexit, the Johnson Government, NI Unionists, The Northern Ireland Protocol, for example :lolol:

Maybe he saves his positivity for his other accounts ?

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Getting a bit of topic here chaps.

It's a good discussion to have, no need to carry aggro over from the bear pit.......

I feel like JCFG is perfectly entitled to mention our failed signings from the prem era, if you disagree or think there's an angle he's not considered (I do as well) it's possible to reply, incredible as it seems, without including a political dig.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Surprised [MENTION=23889]Swanny[/MENTION] hasn't mentioned it.

Potter brought his own head of recruitment with him, Kyle Macauley. I belive he came in alongside PW as joint head of recruitment. I wonder how much difference he's made.

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/34-year-old-mastermind-helping-4206738

Probably some difference but what I'm not sure people realise is that there's 50+ people working with player recruitment (scouting, analysis etc) so its really not down to a handful of people. Obviously a couple of people like DA, GP and PW have more power than others but if you take a player like Jakub Moder, playing in plucky Poland, its unlikely he would have been found if there wasnt this extensive scouting network looking at players from all parts of the world. So it is very much a team effort and I think its hard to point out that "person X is responsible for the signing of person Y". No way to know unless you actually work for the club. I mean some people are saying, for example, "this is definitely a DA signing" but if you look at his signings in WBA they were definitely mostly a different breed from what Brighton are signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here