Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hating Chelsea

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think Pochettino will get them back into the top 6 next season.
A few people are making this assumption but I don't see it happening at all. He's got a stupidly large squad, people like Colwill returning (some of whom won't want to be there) and no idea which of those he should keep. Crap performances and a bloated squad (esp with no Europe) will mean morale on the floor I suspect. He will also decide there are glaring parts of the squad that need strengthening and will be unable to make a difference as his hands are tied by FFP, while nobody will want his cast offs because of wages.
Who will want Raheem Sterling? Even Mason Mount. He'll be on silly money and his contract expires in 12 months. Good luck with getting huge amounts for him.

It is only going to take even a good manager at least a year to sort out that mess. I will be quite surprised if Chelsea are challenging for top 6 next season, because that gets ever harder (Newcastle, Villa, Arsenal, Brighton and even Brentford are all unlikely to struggle IMO).

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
How can you hate a club that provides so much enjoyment and laughter to so many people?

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
It'll be tough to bring new players in, tough to hold onto those who want to play quality football, and tough to get rid of the lazy wage leeches.

I wish them all the luck they deserve*

*which is the sum total of jack shit.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I wonder where the experts will be placing us in their pre-season predictions.
I'm guessing they'll have us about....6th?

Man City
Man Utd
Arsenal
Liverpool
Chelsea
Brighton
I've had a look at the betting for next season and every bookie has Chelsea above us. I'm not a big betting man but I certainly wouldn't back Chelsea at 12-1 - it will take more than one season to sort out that mess. Quite a few bookies have us above Spurs though, which is highly amusing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What's this? They took Al as well? I mean Bruno and Ben was one thing, but Al? Bastards. I hope they get relegated next season.
Yes but the rumours about Al may have been true in which case there could be a court case at anytime and I’m glad he went - I like the way I randomly switch to French mid post 🙌

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As their refusal to free Levi comes to fruition my dislike will ramp up even further :smile:

Yes I know that is very Leeds :shrug:

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
The "Welcome to Llanfarpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch" sign has been amended with "Twinned with Chelsea F.C., the only place with more L's."

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Regrettably I was once a Chelsea fan, aged 10, but in the great days of Osgood, Bonnetti, Hudson, McCreadie, Houseman, Harris, Webb, Hinton, Dempsey, Hollins, Weller, Cooke, and Hutchison.

Especially when they out-dirtied Leeds in the 1970 Cup final.

Fortunately I saw the error of my ways, and it didn't last.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Regrettably I was once a Chelsea fan, aged 10, but in the great days of Osgood, Bonnetti, Hudson, McCreadie, Houseman, Harris, Webb, Hinton, Dempsey, Hollins, Weller, Cooke, and Hutchison.
Geez! - 'dirty' doesn't even begin to cover that shower of thugs. You can see why they had the following they did though! I have hated Chelsea long before they pinched our manager and staff. Violent chavs is never a good look.

Osgood was one of the best players I ever saw at The Goldstone though, TBF.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I still want their Augustus Gloop owner to carry on screwing up. Like a rich kid with no mates who saw what the popular kid was doing and tried to buy them all. No class, no clue. And they do have a fair few self entitled fans.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Feel very similar. Hated them for a while like nobody else but life is too short and they got their comeuppance. No interest in mid table teams and looking forward to our new RDZ/Pep inspired rivalry

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I am ashamed. I am full of remorse.

But I saw the light - alleluia

Geez! - 'dirty' doesn't even begin to cover that shower of thugs. You can see why they had the following they did though! I have hated Chelsea long before they pinched our manager and staff. Violent chavs is never a good look.

Osgood was one of the best players I ever saw at The Goldstone though, TBF.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Contrary to rumours that FFP would tie CL-less down financially in the transfer market for years, it looks like Boehly has said “F@ck FFP”.

Beating PSG to the signing of highly rated defensive midfielder Ugarte. Just £53m.

Next stop, world class strikers from Italy.

The PL has another club owner who really doesn’t care for small inconveniences like rules.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I liked Chelsea when Peter Osgood played for them, otherwise I have very neutral feelings about them. We had a thing about Orient for a while, that lasted all of a season or two.
Who will it be next year, Crystal Palace aside? Newcastle? Luton? Villa after our spicy clash?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
IMG-20230529-WA0008.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
After the Potter and staff debacle I literally watched all their games wanting them to lose badly. As soon as he left and we’ve REMARKABLY finished above them (which in itself closes any so called bragging rights forever between the two clubs), tied in with how much of an upgrade we got, my hatred of them has almost all but gone.

It reminds me of the Southampton Atkins season where I really detested them, then suddenly didn’t.

Always hate Palace and only Palace but weird how this mini hatred went so quickly for me…

Anyone else one way or the other…?
Can I just apologise to everyone on this forum for this. It was poorly thought out and didn’t allow for the continuing stalking/bellendry of this club and their fans. I’m back to wanting them to fail - especially given their ridiculous spending and I’m hopeful they break FFP and get relegated. Thank you all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here