Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hating Chelsea

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Was watching tonight thinking how we'd rip them apart on this performance again. Love to see them suffering!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Nope. Sky are showing 2, and BT are showing 2. Only 3 have been confirmed so far (Everton, Leeds and Leicester games)

I look at this one which usually works;

It has 3 Sky games (Everton, Leicester and the TBC one mentioned by Sheebo) and Leeds on BT Sport (as you mention).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Always disliked Chelsea intensely. Also Arsenal. Nothng has changed - I'm not fickle!

:)
Yep going back to my childhood. Walk into your local sports shop in the 70's and all the footie stuff was Man Utd Leeds Utd Liverpool Everton and f***ing Chelsea.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
After the Potter and staff debacle I literally watched all their games wanting them to lose badly. As soon as he left and we’ve REMARKABLY finished above them (which in itself closes any so called bragging rights forever between the two clubs), tied in with how much of an upgrade we got, my hatred of them has almost all but gone.

It reminds me of the Southampton Atkins season where I really detested them, then suddenly didn’t.

Always hate Palace and only Palace but weird how this mini hatred went so quickly for me…

Anyone else one way or the other…?

I feel very anti-Chelsea.
For some reason, I don't get very steamed up over Palace. I know they're supposed to be our big rivals, but they're kind of irrelevant to me, which perhaps is a kind of slight in a way anyway. I know there was some kind of big feud thing between Mullery and Venables back in the 70's, but that was a bit before my time.
Regarding Chelsea, I fail to see anything good in them and cannot understand why anyone would support them. Horrible club in every way, and the only reason they've ever achieved any success is because Abramovich came along with his ill-gotten money.

Lol a tweet from Levi holding 4 fingers up seems to have sent the Chelsea fans into meltdown 🤣

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
The PL is a money league ultimately, Chelsea, Newcastle and ManC would occasionally flit between divisions and win Jack Shit, without the financial doping.

The most expensive squads in the PL
1685050387867.png

Southampton and relegation-threatened Leicester both have costlier squads than Brighton.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There’s a TBC one apparently which is being held off til after tonight and should be us.
I think it is us now. I had it on the other screen whilst working and I'm sure Aston Villa v Brighton was mentioned as the other game they were covering now.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I didn’t get as much joy from Chelsea’s demise tonight as I’d have hoped. Probably because Manure have retaken 2nd spot on my hate list.

Since Cucu, Potter and his team have had their dose of karma I just can’t get so excited by their failures. Obviously our joyful 6 points against them excluded, I’ve moved from hate to apathy. I just don’t give a shit about them anymore, I no longer look out for their scores in the hope they’ve been thumped.

Just as well, because sadly, I think Pochettino will get them back into the top 6 next season.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
A loss and wins for Wolves and West Ham on Sunday could see them finish as low as 14th. Whatever happens, they will be finishing on their lowest points total since they were relegated from the old first division under Bobby Campbell in 1987/88. They had a transfer balance in this season's two windows of -£543.66 million, that is more than twice as much as has ever been spent by any other team in a single EPL season. The magnitude of the failure of their new owners is surely unprecedented.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
The most expensive squads in the PL
View attachment 161358

Southampton and relegation-threatened Leicester both have costlier squads than Brighton.

Is that how much the squads cost to assemble or how much that silly website thinks the market value of the players are? If it’s the latter, and they reckon Southampton’s squad are worth more money than ours………

:laugh:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
It seems the general rule is the ‘hatred’ for them has eased a bit given the hilarity of Potter et Al not lasting long and us being fantastic. If either of those 2 hadn’t happened, it would still probably be there as strong…! Funny old game!
What's this? They took Al as well? I mean Bruno and Ben was one thing, but Al? Bastards. I hope they get relegated next season.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
After the Potter and staff debacle I literally watched all their games wanting them to lose badly. As soon as he left and we’ve REMARKABLY finished above them (which in itself closes any so called bragging rights forever between the two clubs), tied in with how much of an upgrade we got, my hatred of them has almost all but gone.

It reminds me of the Southampton Atkins season where I really detested them, then suddenly didn’t.

Always hate Palace and only Palace but weird how this mini hatred went so quickly for me…

Anyone else one way or the other…?
I still hate them and want them to go into a financial meltdown and get slammed by FFP with us finishing above them again next season ! This is because of their entitled attitude and thinking they can throw huge money at everything to get what they want. They rank second in the 3 clubs I hate with a passion (Palace, Chelsea & Villa)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Maybe this season was our time in the sun and may never be bettered or repeated.........................hope not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here