Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hate

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hmmm, good subject to bring up. I don't really understand what hate is. I don't like intolerance towards disabled or gay people or someone who chooses to be different or is naturally different. Do I hate people who are intolerant in this way? No, this makes me sad and frustrated that there are people like this in the world today.

I've quite often SAID I hate Palace but what do I really feel? I'd miss them if they weren't there and as someone said, the 5-0 and the play off defeat was the worst I have ever felt. Truly affected my life for many weeks. I don't want them to do well and can only watch them on MOTD when they lose. My boss's boss is a Palace fan and he's a great bloke and we have great banter. And one of my best mates is Palace.

I can't look at Smellhurst when I go past on the train and the sight of a Palace shirt makes my s**t itch. But hate them? No. It's rivalry and I'm now 54 so have been through all the history. I've seen the punch ups and believe me, back in the day it was just awful and even then I couldn't understand the violence and that was when it was encouraged.

I really hate Leeds though :thumbsup:

Soft caaa.:kiss:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Palace are locked into their shitty little bubble and are, currently, going through a purple patch for them but it WILL end as they lack the fan base and financial stability for long term survival in the premier league.
They have watched us slide down the football pyramid only to rise again in terms of financial and long term player development to a point where we are demonstrably a longer term threat than they could ever hope to be.

Take heart my boys. We will soon eclipse them and their feeble achievements. And it can't come soon enough.

Sadly, I think they'll do a lot better long term than we all wish for them.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
'Hate' just reminds me of the Neanderthal football hooligans of the 70's and 80's.

I would not have ascribed it as 'pantomime' then.

Thankfully, those days have largely disappeared and just manifests itself harmlessly on internet football forums.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Right now. I really really really really really hate the Mets!

il_570xN.551058762_ea8k.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here