Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hastings Utd Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ( Development ) Tuesday 9th July 2013, 7.45PM K.O

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
They're not fooling me though. I know that they're Hastings Town. I supported the REAL Hastings United until they went bankrupt.
Away match in my home town? It'd be rude not to.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Hopefully this'll help both sides. Definitely some hungry youngsters in the dev squad for first team experience with a new manager. And newly relegated united who obviously wanna get back into the ryman premier. Can't make it, but will follow on twitter.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Last season Hastings scored 2 screamers to pull off a surprise win.

Hastingsfan

Jul 3, 2013
There seems to be a load of Brighton fans in Hastings and area, hopefully there will be a good Brighton contingent, Hastings fabs usually make some noise so should be a decent occasion!

Crowd for last years match was about 1300 but just hoping to get as many as possible for this one!

Hastingsfan

Jul 3, 2013
Imagine there will be a couple of released Brighton lads playing for Hastings too as usual

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
There seems to be a load of Brighton fans in Hastings and area,
There always has been. It is the reason that I got together with a few mates and created the A21 club. It's still going strong 22 years later.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Yes but not as part of an organised trip.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Hastings Utd Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ( Development ) Tuesday 9th July 2013, 7.45PM K.O

There always has been. It is the reason that I got together with a few mates and created the A21 club. It's still going strong 22 years later.

I did not think the A21 was still going, the website is no longer there.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
That's just because the only committee member who is technically minded doesn't have time to do it. There's a blog but the same person hasn't updated it in a while.
http://a21albionsupportersclub.blogspot.co.uk/
I'm pretty sure that there's still a facebook page too but I don't use Facebook any more.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
It's been a while since I was chairman (Stuart Adams has that role these days) but from memory there were around 200 when we were still at Withdean.

Hastingsfan

Jul 3, 2013
I see that Jack Shonk is likely to play for Hastings in this match, what type of player is he? Sounded highly rated but injury prone?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Trains leave Ore at 8:22, 8:50, 9:22, 10:22 and 11:14pm.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Where would you take those trains to Doug? Every other station is further from the Pilot Field.
Edit: Having said that, a train to Hastings and then a bus would save a lot of walking.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Where would you take those trains to Doug? Every other station is further from the Pilot Field.
Edit: Having said that, a train to Hastings and then a bus would save a lot of walking.

To Brighton. They have timetables on the internet you know.

Hastingsfan

Jul 3, 2013
Apparently there will be a couple of foreign trialists playing tonight at Hastings, could be interesting to see what their like. Nice evening for it anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here